Menu
yamaxt
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Possible spam

I recived email this morning from What is suppose to be vm telling me my account is pending disconnection on 18th May as my details need updating. Why would details need updating as they have been taking payments etc for last year or so with no issue. I am upto date with all bills. The email addresses me by dear then my email not my name. Unfortunately I can not do anything at mo as I'm on holiday and won't be home until 24th so can not phone them. Has anyone else had this email.

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possible spam

Sounds suspicious. 

Not had anyone come on here with the same as to date

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's a phishing site. It's not genuine, they are after your (financial) details.
JES2
Settling in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same email and was concerned because my direct debit is still scheduled so no issues for years......why aren't Virgin reacting though and warning their customers of this as it looked like a genuine email?

0 Kudos
mich3ll3
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have received the same email yesterday saying that my latest bill cannot be processed therefore all my services are being disconnected tomorrow.  Which is the normal date my bill gets paid.  So I have told them disconnect me I will go elsewhere.  Whether its spam or not this was sent to me through virgin media e-mail so if it is spam they should have blocked it.

0 Kudos
lerettem
Joining in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have had the same email asking to update my account, looked not just right, went into change account in my virgin media account but there is no function to do this task, will let it run its course and will not update my account, checked my last payment and it was paid.

Regards

Malky

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi all,

I can confirm that this is not from us. Please do not click the link on the email.

If you're ever unsure about a pending disconnection, please log in via the official site and not through the email.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds suspicious. 

Not had anyone come on here with the same as to date

0 Kudos
yamaxt
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just seems weird to me as it did not even say for which mobile account as I have 2 of them.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you receive the email on a computer client, just hover the mouse cursor over the link (don't click it) and let us know the characters between the starting HTTP:// (if it's even there at all) and the next /

0 Kudos
yamaxt
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Don't know if I can post this but this is part of the link [MOD EDIT]

This is what loads when link clicked on mobile. Not going too click link on pc though. Tell me if I should delete off forum

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's a phishing site. It's not genuine, they are after your (financial) details.
yamaxt
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Great didn't want to get back off holiday back to UK and phone not working. Thanks for your help the vm logo looks bit strange too.
0 Kudos
rabbit1gs
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Without doubt this is spam as I have had the same email. I've checked the site and it's not genuine so keep away. 

JES2
Settling in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same email and was concerned because my direct debit is still scheduled so no issues for years......why aren't Virgin reacting though and warning their customers of this as it looked like a genuine email?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So you expect Virgin to know before anyone else that a scammer is targeting their customers?
0 Kudos