Menu
pumpkihn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Porting old number

Hi, I signed up for a new contract last week and provided my PAC code on Friday to move my old number over from EE. I was told this would be completed on Monday and in the afternoon received a text to say it was done. However, while the number has changed on my account I can still only receive and make calls/texts on the new number. I phoned and queried this on Tuesday and was told it would be completed by midnight but there's still no change. My phone has been turned off and on several times with no effect.

0 Kudos
ReNZoRUK
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting old number

I am experiencing exactly the same issue as yourself. Handed my PAC over to Virgin Mobile to transfer my phone number from EE/T-Mobile to VM, had two text messages, one on each phone alerting me it was "all done"... yet checking both phones shows me that the actual number still hasn't been ported, however same as you, when I check the Virgin Mobile web account, it shows my old EE/T-Mobile number. I still am having to send texts from the old EE/T-Mobile SIM as to not confuse people. It concerns me as EE told me if the PAC isn't used within 30 days, the contract will not terminate. What a pain this so-called "easy process" has become.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Judging by the posts on here Virgin seem to have some problems with porting. 

They get there eventually, but it is a real pain if you need your phone

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, this is a major problem. My number should have ported last Monday, but I'm still waiting. I have escalated this as it is totally unacceptable. You need to phone customer services (regularly!), and don't let them fob you off. They need to raise a 'ticket' with their tech team, and afete that it can still take 5 days (or more in my case!). Good luck!

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

15 minutes when I ported to Three!

0 Kudos
pumpkihn
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

So I phoned again this morning and got someone who seemed to be on the ball. Once I mentioned why I was phoning she said she would escalate it to the technical team, log it as a complaint (supplying me with a reference number) and make an adjustment to my bill. I didn't ask for any of those things, she just did it.

Lo and behold my old number has now been ported. Perhaps they've reached a tipping point with these issues and are trying to sort it quickly, or maybe I just got lucky with who answered my call. Good luck to anyone still waiting.

ReNZoRUK
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Congratulations Smiley Very Happy I am on the phone with them right now as I write this Smiley Very Happy Guy asked me to hold...

Update: Mine too has now been escalated. I explained that I need the phone for the weekend as I don't want to have to carry around two handsets while out, in the off chance that someone may try to contact me on my old number, or if the old handset goes dead while out. He said it will be done for the weekend, but it may occur by tonight.

Victory! (hopefully).

0 Kudos
Plev
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

My number should have ported on the 25th July from Vodafone. I've spoken to about 8 advisors and been lied to, fobbed off, and I still don't know when it's likely to be done. I'm currently losing work due to this issue and an am seriously considering cancelling all my Virgin subscriptions as I'm that peed off about it.
ReNZoRUK
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Gah, sorry to hear that Smiley Sad

My "escalated" complaint never came to fruition. Port never happened before the weekend came and as of now, the port still hasn't occurred. I am still in the 14 day grace period and am already considering giving them until Tuesday and then sending the phone back, seems a bit stupid having a phone that I cannot use day to day as my main device while waiting for the number to transfer. Everywhere I go I hear the same thing "O2 ported my number fast", "EE ported fast", "3 ported fast"... I left Virgin Mobile 4 years ago for EE due to them refusing to take a look at my phone that had developed a screen fault that was one year old. Phone had never been dropped pr mishandled but the screen suddenly stopped turning on. Eventually I contacted HTC and they said they would repair it for free. Once my 2 year contract was up I left for EE... now I am back to VM and already I am starting to regret it.

Good luck everyone!

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've been waiting since 25th July too. The porting team seems to be on strike and is not answering any queries. Unacceptable!

0 Kudos