Menu
SevXBL
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Porting number to existing contract

I got a 30 day rolling SIM only contract about 3 weeks ago. And would like to bring my old number to it. But the info on the site looks like that would only be possible when first getting the SIM. 

Can I transfer my old number to the Virgin Mobile SIM after already using it with it's original number for 3 weeks, without affecting the contract it's on?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting number to existing contract

SevXBL wrote:

I got a 30 day rolling SIM only contract about 3 weeks ago. And would like to bring my old number to it. But the info on the site looks like that would only be possible when first getting the SIM. 

Can I transfer my old number to the Virgin Mobile SIM after already using it with it's original number for 3 weeks, without affecting the contract it's on?

Hi SevXBL,

when you say your "old number" you don't mention the service provider of the "old number".

If it is a provider other than Virgin Mobile, you just need to contact them and request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code).

If however your "old number" is with Virgin Mobile, then I'm afraid that it's not possible to move a number within the network.

In such a case the only way to transfer your "old number" to your new pay monthly SIM would be to call 789 on your old SIM & request a PAC for that number.

Port that number out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Once established on a new network, request a PAC from your new provider and port the number back to Virgin onto your new pay monthly SIM.

Or.....

Cancel the new pay monthly SIM (you'll need to give 30 days notice) then take out a new one, this time making it clear that you wish to upgrade your existing number.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

SevXBL wrote:

Hi SevXBL,

when you say your "old number" you don't mention the service provider of the "old number".

If it is a provider other than Virgin Mobile, you just need to contact them and request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code).

If however your "old number" is with Virgin Mobile, then I'm afraid that it's not possible to move a number within the network.

In such a case the only way to transfer your "old number" to your new pay monthly SIM would be to call 789 on your old SIM & request a PAC for that number.

Port that number out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Once established on a new network, request a PAC from your new provider and port the number back to Virgin onto your new pay monthly SIM.

Or.....

Cancel the new pay monthly SIM (you'll need to give 30 days notice) then take out a new one, this time making it clear that you wish to upgrade your existing number.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi SevXBL,

Thank you for coming in and posting about your query, it's great to see this isn't your first time.

I can see that you have had some useful information from AlexKid and that it's been marked as helpful Smiley Happy I'm sure that we would love to know what you did in the end, as it would certainly benefit other akin to this situation?

I hope that we can help you in the future and please take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos