Menu
KM9
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Porting nightmare

On 24th April, I went to a Virgin store, bought a sim, gave pac code for my existing number. After inputting the details in the system, I was told to replace the sim when it stopped working on 26th April. When my existing number stopped working on 26th April, I inserted the new Virgin sim. Since then my experience has been nothing short of a nightmare!

Initially Virgin blamed Three for not porting out properly and asked me to speak to them. I spoke to Three, they confirmed that the porting out was successful and the account was closed. 

Then an IT ticket was raised and after 5 working days, I was told the sim that was given to me in the store was a dead sim and that was the reason for the sim not working. 

Another IT ticket was raised to get a new sim with my number...After 5 working days, the IT ticket was closed as 'resolved'. 

Now Virgin says the IT ticket was reopened and it will take another 5 working days. 

My mobile number has been with me for more than 10 years and all my world wide contacts have that number. More importantly, I am between jobs now and my CV has this number. 

It has been three weeks now. How can Virgin not have some competent person to look in to these issues and get them fixed? I am losing confidence in virgin day by day.

0 Kudos
Dave71
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting nightmare

I'm just going through something similar. If I have to buy a payg cheap stop gap I'll send the bill to Virgin. 

I'm going to return to EE. as soon as I can. Virgin were bad three years ago when I was last with them. Nice to see nothing has improved with either TV or mobile.

Shocking.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi both,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've experienced issues with porting. So I can look into this for you, I've sent you both a PM detailing the next steps.

You can view this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
KM9
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Provided the details as requested yesterday itself. Please let me know any progress.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Km9,

I'll be sure to keep in touch with any further developments.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
KM9
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Any further update on this please? I badly need my number back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kishan,

No news on this just yet. I'll let you know when I have more info.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
KM9
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Will this problem be ever resolved? I am not getting any updates from any one on the resolution. 

Now it has been one month since you lost my number. I need to get this back ASAP and get on with my life. 

0 Kudos
KM9
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mat,

I don't have any update on this. I called up customer service again, but they are unable to provide any update.

Haven't heard anything so far from you. I am in to sixth week with this issue now. 

Please can someone from Virgin update me on this. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi KM9,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear this is still happening. I've picked this up for Mat as he's no longer in the business.

I'll do all I can to get the latest update. I'll send you a private message to discuss further. Keep an eye on that purple envelope.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos