Menu
VTam
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Porting mobile number from Vodafone to Virgin

Virgin Mobile seems to have a problem porting my Vodafone number.   I made the mistake of switching over on a Friday.  I did not realise the porting team only work office hours and not weekends!   Vodafone switched over the number promptly.  But Virgin Mobile couldn't transfer the number across.   I called customer service many times. On Monday, the guy told me to wait till Tuesday.   On Tuesday, I was told it should work, switched off the phone for a couple of hours.  On Wednesday, I was told a few things to try on the phone, none worked.   On Thursday, today, I was told that there was a known porting problem (since 29th July, the day I called in to switch) and it would take 3 to 5 working days.   Does anyone has the same problem, or is it a common problem?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting mobile number from Vodafone to Virgin

Hi VTam,

you are not alone: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Porting-old-number/td-p/3169842

Unfortunately at the moment there do seem to be many posts reporting problems with number porting Smiley Sad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, they know there is a major problem but they never escalate the queries until after a week. Appalling! My old number was switched off 25th July and an still waiting for VM to connect it. No one seems to be able to help and to make matters worse the tech team refuse to speak to customers directly. Wishing you good luck. We all need it!

pumpkihn
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I phoned again this morning and mine is now sorted. The person I spoke to got on the case straight away as soon as I mentioned the problem so if you get fobbed off it might be worth phoning again until you get someone who says they will escalate it.

VTam
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you guys for all your help.  The porting finally got sorted.   Thank you!

0 Kudos
JackieH1947
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bought new iPhone yesterday. Phoned PAC number through from T-Mobile account, told it would be activated within 24 hours. Early today got text to say it was done- it wasn't!  But T-Mobile number is now dead so nobody can contact me. Rang Virgin again this evening to be told system showed it has been done. It STILL HASNT BEEN DONE!!  Not good enough Virgin!! 

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep, I've been waiting since 25th July and still no further forward. Impossible to get honest answers from anyone. They just say wait, or that they'll be in touch, but they never do. If potential customers knew of these problems they'd never sign up. Appalling way to treat customers. Hope you get somewhere with your query. Some people seem to get theirs resolved within a few days. No idea why mine is taking so long. Will call yet again in the morning.

JackieH1947
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just been on the phone for yet another 40 minutes!!  They say there is no porting problem.....problem is with previous supplier. But we know different don't we????  Infuriating when they can't even tell you the truth.  Stuck in no mans land now, old number was disconnected early am so now nobody can contact me, missing lots of business calls.

0 Kudos
JackieH1947
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Still no update.....really bad lack of customer service or consideration for all the inconvenience and time wasted.  Now considering cancelling and returning the phone as can't get any joy or truth from the call centre. Where are the forum Mods?  Why no input from them?

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not a bad idea. I've been waiting so long I'm now past the 14 day cooling off period. Even emailing CEO's team has not got me any further. However today I finally spoke to someone who has given me some hope. I did this by calling the usual number, but selecting the option for 'thinking of leaving'. If you pick that option, and as long as you call within normal office hours, you have a better chance of speaking to someone in the Sheffield call centre rather than the o/s call centre. Fingers crossed this chap comes up trumps for me. Might be worth you trying that if you haven't already. Good luck.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi VTam,

you are not alone: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Porting-old-number/td-p/3169842

Unfortunately at the moment there do seem to be many posts reporting problems with number porting Smiley Sad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, they know there is a major problem but they never escalate the queries until after a week. Appalling! My old number was switched off 25th July and an still waiting for VM to connect it. No one seems to be able to help and to make matters worse the tech team refuse to speak to customers directly. Wishing you good luck. We all need it!

pumpkihn
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I phoned again this morning and mine is now sorted. The person I spoke to got on the case straight away as soon as I mentioned the problem so if you get fobbed off it might be worth phoning again until you get someone who says they will escalate it.

VTam
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you guys for all your help.  The porting finally got sorted.   Thank you!

0 Kudos
JackieH1947
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bought new iPhone yesterday. Phoned PAC number through from T-Mobile account, told it would be activated within 24 hours. Early today got text to say it was done- it wasn't!  But T-Mobile number is now dead so nobody can contact me. Rang Virgin again this evening to be told system showed it has been done. It STILL HASNT BEEN DONE!!  Not good enough Virgin!! 

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep, I've been waiting since 25th July and still no further forward. Impossible to get honest answers from anyone. They just say wait, or that they'll be in touch, but they never do. If potential customers knew of these problems they'd never sign up. Appalling way to treat customers. Hope you get somewhere with your query. Some people seem to get theirs resolved within a few days. No idea why mine is taking so long. Will call yet again in the morning.

JackieH1947
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just been on the phone for yet another 40 minutes!!  They say there is no porting problem.....problem is with previous supplier. But we know different don't we????  Infuriating when they can't even tell you the truth.  Stuck in no mans land now, old number was disconnected early am so now nobody can contact me, missing lots of business calls.

0 Kudos
JackieH1947
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Still no update.....really bad lack of customer service or consideration for all the inconvenience and time wasted.  Now considering cancelling and returning the phone as can't get any joy or truth from the call centre. Where are the forum Mods?  Why no input from them?

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not a bad idea. I've been waiting so long I'm now past the 14 day cooling off period. Even emailing CEO's team has not got me any further. However today I finally spoke to someone who has given me some hope. I did this by calling the usual number, but selecting the option for 'thinking of leaving'. If you pick that option, and as long as you call within normal office hours, you have a better chance of speaking to someone in the Sheffield call centre rather than the o/s call centre. Fingers crossed this chap comes up trumps for me. Might be worth you trying that if you haven't already. Good luck.