Menu
ChicaGuacamole
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Porting Problem?

Hi, 

I phoned VM yesterday with my PAC code to bring my old number from Vodafone over to Virgin. The number change was supposed to happen today, and I got a text at around midday to confirm that the porting had taken place.

When I log into my VM Account, it is showing my old Vodafone number, which is the one I want to keep, but when I text or call it shows as the VM number that came with my new SIM card. I have tried switching my handset off and on again, which hasn't made a difference, and when I call my old number it goes straight to voicemail. Any ideas on what to do next? Is this normal?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting Problem?

Hi ChicaGuacamole,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear the number hasn't switched on your phone. I want to fix this for you.

Can you let me know what model of handset you're using? Can you also let me know what number comes up when you call someone else?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ChicaGuacamole
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. When I call/text somebody else, it comes up with the VM number, rather than the Vodafone number that I want to keep. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here, I used my PAC on Tuesday morning and was told everything would be done by midnight on Wednesday, on Wednesday afternoon I received a text saying that my Three number had been moved over to Virgin and was ready to use. I looked at my online account and my Three number was showing on my account but wasn't available for people to call, they just get the engaged tone when they try.

I called customer support and they told me that it could take up until midnight on the Wednesday to fully complete. 
On Thursday morning I called again as my number still wasn't live. This time I was told that there is a problem with some numbers being moved over and it could take up to 48 hours to sort out! It's now Friday and still not working...do they work weekends to fix problems like this?

I'm not happy that since having the Virgin sim nobody has been able to contact me via mobile (I expected it to be down for 24 hours, not 4 days!), immediate family now have my virgin number to use for emergencies, but I have lots of work related/business/bank/hospital etc. contacts that have my Three number to contact me on.

@Mat I have sent you a PM about this late yesterday afternoon.
0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What a joke, just spoke to 3 different people over a 45 min period to see when this will be sorted. First guy tried his best to sort something out, but when he put me through to tech support he sent me straight back the the main menu with the list of numbers to choose from! Second person I had to explain everything to again, then she put me through to tech support, he then said "We don't know how long it will take, it may be today", I asked do they work weekends to sort this problem out if it's not sorted today? "No, if it's not sorted today it will be next week they start again"

Apparently it's with the people they use to do all the porting where the problem lies!

The only thing they did positive was to give me credit on my bill for the month. However, I bet I wouldn't get away with "I don't know when I'll be able to pay my bill, it may be today, it may be next week" Smiley Sad

Rant over!
0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good news number is now active Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ChicaGuacamole
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Finally got my number ported over this afternoon after about an hour on the phone on my lunch break! Fingers crossed I have no more hassle Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear both your numbers have now been ported over Smiley Happy

Sorry for any frustration caused on our part.

If you need anything else from us, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
bobus6582
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony M4 Aqua

My Sony M4 has not worked for at least a week and a half...First it was flickering screen ,it doesn't hold a charge as long as I feel it should , so I contacted VM and they suggested a factory reset ...which I did .........without putting the information that I stored back on my phone half of the original info is on and it is doubled ......This phone is my second Sony and it will be my last...any suggestions any one  PLEASE

Bob 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony M4 Aqua

Hi bobus6582,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're having some trouble with your battery life. I want to get this sorted for you. Can you let me know how long the battery life lasts?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos