Menu
rorym84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Porting Nightmare

Hi all 

I really need some help with sorting out this porting nightmare...

On Thursday, I called VM with my PAC code to transfer my business number over from Three, I was using VM as my personal number on contract but then decided to use my business number for everything.

The lady I spoke to informed me that my number would be transferred over on Friday, which I thought was great, she also said I should only have a couple of hours disruption so I would be up and running in no time...

On Friday morning at about 10am my Three number disconnected.  When someone calls it you get like an engaged tone.  I called VM at 4pm as the number had not been transferred over, she said it would be done by midnight and to check it Saturday morning...

Checked Saturday morning, number still not transferred so called back was told they didn't know when it would be done but in another breathe guaranteed it would be connected by 9am on Sunday...

Due to the VM issues, I missed out on a job and lost £350 so not impressed at all, I called VM again and spoke to cancellations, they advised me to wait until Sunday and call back to CS but did agree to refund me one months contract due to the issues - all I want is the number change!

Now its Sunday, still not connected so called VM again, very annoyed but calm and polite, spoke to CS and asked to speak with a manager, firstly told there was no manager there and when I said that it wasn't my issue and I would wait to speak to a manager she told me to call back on Tuesday as the port should be done by then and then put me back on hold then transferred me back through to the main menu (thank you for calling VM...)

So I was put back in the queue and waited another 5 mins to be connected to an advisor to have the same conversation, mid way through they did exactly the same thing again, livid by this point, I held for a further 8 mins until I got through to Ben in a foreign call centre, he promised not to put me back through to the main menu.

He was going to email the porting team and call me back tomorrow.  He said VM are experiencing porting issues at the moment and I would be interested to know what the OFCOM timescales are for number porting.  I ask did the previous advisor for my PAC code to take the number elsewhere (in the hope of a faster resolution!)  This was refused!  

What is going on VM?  If you cannot sort this out - I will cancel everything, 4 mobile contracts, TV, BB and telephone line.

I never write on forums but feel that everyone needs to know who they are dealing with!

Rory

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting Nightmare

Not sure why they told you Sat/Sun.

I called up Orange to get my PAC Code, its valid for 30 days and you should not close the old account for now.

I have had my VM Sim 1 week (testing it out with the temp number for now).

On Fri called VM CS and gave them the PAC Code, the CS guy told me it would not be done till Mon now as there is no one at either end to port it over.

I was told to turn my phone off for 30mins just before 2:30pm on Mon as that was same time I was on the call to CS so will be same time it will be ported on Mon.

Once I have my old number on VM it is safe to cancel Orange.

All Replies
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not sure why they told you Sat/Sun.

I called up Orange to get my PAC Code, its valid for 30 days and you should not close the old account for now.

I have had my VM Sim 1 week (testing it out with the temp number for now).

On Fri called VM CS and gave them the PAC Code, the CS guy told me it would not be done till Mon now as there is no one at either end to port it over.

I was told to turn my phone off for 30mins just before 2:30pm on Mon as that was same time I was on the call to CS so will be same time it will be ported on Mon.

Once I have my old number on VM it is safe to cancel Orange.

rorym84
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I hope the port goes well for you Smiley Happy

I've not cancelled the old contract as I was under the impression that just happens when the port is complete.

It's more annoying that there has been no customer service at all.

I'll give them another call in the morning and can only hope they will transfer the number over Smiley Happy

Rory

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You must have brought me good luck!

My port went through 1 hour early (13:30) got a TXT to say its all done.

Phone works now with my old number when I call my landline.

0 Kudos
rorym84
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

That's great!

I'm glad to say my number has now been ported Smiley Happy  It's business as usual!  Still a few glitches with the website but at least my number is now working!

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Even though it ported to Sim/Phone I did have some glitches with my Apps till the VM System updated after midnight, by next afternoon (24 hours after port) it was all fine.

I removed and reinstalled the VM Account App and that seems to sort it as before it was alternating between old and ne number.

Only issue is my Moto X 2014 still lists the old number in Sys Info and this may cause issues and would take a factory reset to fix.

I will wait till Lollipop 5.1 is pushed out then do so as TBH I CBA right now.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi rorym84,

Glad to hear that's all sorted Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ritchiew
Settling in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem! I asked for it to be ported over on Tuesday (they keep telling me it was Wednesday, but then agree it was Tuesday) I have had messages from them telling me that it has been completed, but never happened! Now I have no working sim, as both numbers are in limbo, HELP!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ritchiew,

Welcome into the Community and I hoep you've been able to have a good look around.

Please accept our apologies on the wait, I would certainly like to help with the porting and would like to know if this is still someting pending, or has this finally happened?

I have the means to test and would like to know if what number the mobile is ending in, 2 numbers should be fine?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos