Menu
Joedean33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Porting Mobile Number

I requested yesterday to port my GiffGaff number to Virgin, customer service told me it would be done by midnight, today my giffgaff sim went off and my virgin sim is still using the virgin number, my account says it ported and I received a text saying all done. but its still on the virgin number. does anyone have any idea what I could do.

Many thanks

Joe

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting Mobile Number

Hi Joe,

unfortunately there do seem to have been a number of problems with number porting to Virgin Mobile on this forum lately Smiley Sad

The only thing I can suggest is perhaps give it a little longer or call customer services on 789 (0345 6000 789 from any other phone) and ask them to look into this for you.

Hope that it gets sorted soon, let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, I am having the same problem. I requested the port on Friday, but as yet it has not been done. I have been calling customer services on a daily basis and every day they say it will be done by midnight, but it isn't. This morning they said they would escalate the query and someone would call me back, but I'm still waiting.

It seems like VM are having lots of porting problems. Looking on other threads I can see that the problems eventually get sorted but it can take a week or more.  All I can suggest is you keep calling customer services to push them to further investigate your query. It isn't a very good start for any new customer is it? I'm already disappointed by the lack of 4G and a weak phone signal (had to stand outside in the rain while talking to customer services!), now this porting problem is making me feel I've made a big mistake moving to VM.

Anyway, good luck and hope both our problems are sorted out soon!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

have you rebooted your phone (turned it off and on again) since the porting?

0 Kudos
Joedean33
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thank you for your reply

I have rebooted the phone a couple of times since porting.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Joe,

unfortunately there do seem to have been a number of problems with number porting to Virgin Mobile on this forum lately Smiley Sad

The only thing I can suggest is perhaps give it a little longer or call customer services on 789 (0345 6000 789 from any other phone) and ask them to look into this for you.

Hope that it gets sorted soon, let us know how you get on.

L_C
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, I am having the same problem. I requested the port on Friday, but as yet it has not been done. I have been calling customer services on a daily basis and every day they say it will be done by midnight, but it isn't. This morning they said they would escalate the query and someone would call me back, but I'm still waiting.

It seems like VM are having lots of porting problems. Looking on other threads I can see that the problems eventually get sorted but it can take a week or more.  All I can suggest is you keep calling customer services to push them to further investigate your query. It isn't a very good start for any new customer is it? I'm already disappointed by the lack of 4G and a weak phone signal (had to stand outside in the rain while talking to customer services!), now this porting problem is making me feel I've made a big mistake moving to VM.

Anyway, good luck and hope both our problems are sorted out soon!

Joedean33
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you very much for your help, I'll give them a ring in the morning if it not sorted.
0 Kudos
Joedean33
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update. I called CA today and told them what has happened, there sending me a new sim with the ported number on it, they said that should fix the issue, I'll update when it arrives to see if that sorts the issue out. I'd like to thank everyone for there help.
0 Kudos
L_C
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've just been told the same thing too. I have some doubts about this being the answer, but have to wait for the new sim to see who's right. Hope it arrives ok tomorrow, and that it'll work, as I'm at the end of my tether now.

Wishing you good luck.

0 Kudos
Joedean33
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

all of a sudden my virgin sim now has my old number working on it so no need now for the new sim.

0 Kudos
L_C
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's great! Mine still not working, but I'll keep checking it and hope for a miracle! Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy your phone!

0 Kudos