Menu
stoo_77
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Porting Confusion

Hi all.

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

I am moving two sims from orange to VM.  Mine and my wife's.  I phoned with my pac code on Friday and the idea of porting two numbers seemed to totally confuse the person I spoke two.  On Tue the first number (My wife's) ported over but not mine.  So I Called 789 and spoke to a chap who was really helpful and managed successfully to port my number across within 24 hours.  However when I checked my account online tonight it shows my number with all usage info whilst the wife's number is still the old VM sim number and not the ported number from orange.  After phoning 789 AGAIN to AGAIN speak to an adviser who seemed totally confused by my question I was told porting can take 3 to 5 days?? has anyone heard of this or had similar problems.

Thanks in advance

stoo.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting Confusion

Hi Stoo,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Our advisors are correct in saying that this can take some time to show on our side. How's this looking for you currently? Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
stoo_77
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

Thanks for your reply.

Have just checked online account and still is showing old VM sim number and not the ported number.  Also shows no usage info minutes/data left etc but does show call/txt history.  What seems odd to me is that my number that ported a day later (Wednesday) is showing fine with all usage but my wife's that ported Tuesday still does not show on the account.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Stoo.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Stoo Smiley Happy

If this hasn't changed over yet, there may be an issue with the online account.

Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll raise an IT ticket to have the account deleted.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
stoo_77
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

Thanks again for your reply and continued support. Have checked online account tonight and all seems to be sorted now. Guess I need to learn to be patient. Just seemed odd that the last/second number to port was completed several days earlier than the first number. But never mind as now sorted. Thanks again.

Stoo.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear this went through Stoo Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you ever need anything at all.

Thanks,
Mat

0 Kudos