Menu
AD2013
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Porting 07777 Numbers

Two years ago my Wife and I moved our mobile phones from BT......... VERY long story as my wife had an 07777 number which BT refused to port to my preferred mobile operator, (Virgin and she finished up with Orange but not with out a battle It had to be an Orange network operator because of reception issues where we live.

I would now like to move her from Orange to Virgin and I would like to know if there are still issues porting 07777 numbers to Virgin

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting 07777 Numbers

Hi AD2013,

have you asked for a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) for the number from Orange?

Have they given it to you (a PAC remains valid for 30 days).

This is the first I've heard of this problem.

If you can obtain the PAC, I don't see where you are going to have a problem (I've moved many numbers between providers).

Did Virgin Mobile elaborate at the time why they weren't able to use the number?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
AD2013
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting 07777 Numbers

Hi AlexKid :-)

Haven't asked for a PAC code yet, no point if they can't port the number into Virgin. Two years ago, very few people knew about this problem and BT were keeping it very quiet as they were not supposed to block the porting of any numbers; only the back room porting people seemed to be willing to discuss it and I had to get help to get in contact with them, as they are kept incommunicado from the customers. I had obtained a PAC code without any comment from BT and when we tried to move to Virgin, the number was ported into cyber space for several days. My wife was not happy (understatement). We did eventually get it back but it was touch and go and eventually BT agreed to port it to Orange. It is not something I would want to go through again.

The reasons given were - BT excuse - Virgin did not have the technology to port 07777 numbers; Virgin explanation - BT would not give them an agreement to use the 07777 numbers. Believe who you like.

The nett result is I'm on Virgin and my wife is on Orange

Kind regards AD2013

0 Kudos