Menu
FraughtFrieda
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ported number unsuccessful

My number was supposed to have been ported from O2 this morning. I got a goodbye message from them before the SIM card stopped working, and a text from Virgin telling me the number port had been successful. My ported number is showing on my online account but it has not actually connected. When I dial my old number it just rings out no reply.

I was on hold to the overseas customer services call centre for 15 minutes and they just said it would probably happen before midnight but he could not see why it hadn't happened immediately as it normally would. Panicking I have lost my number - the one I run my business with.

Can anyone offer any help or reassurance? Online Chat seems to be permanently unavailable.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported number unsuccessful

Hi FraughtFrieda,

whilst I can quite understand your anxiety I feel it is too soon to worry just yet.

Sometimes a number port does take a little while to complete.

Have you powered your phone off and on again?

Keep us posted once everything is working as it should.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported number unsuccessful

Hi FraughtFrieda

Thanks for taking the time to join us on the forums and for popping by with your number port query Smiley Happy

I can see that the number you were bringing to us on Virgin Mobile has ported successfully to us not long after your post here on the 6th.

I am aware that the ports normally do take up to 24 hours but in your instance this did take 4 days, and should have completed on the previous Friday. My apologies about this additional delay and for any inconvenience this may have caused to you Smiley Sad

Please let us know if there is anything else we can support you with.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos