Menu
Bargepower
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ported number, lost data connection

Got my shiny new Virgin sim on Friday.
Arranged to have my number ported over from Giff Gaff, was told this would occur on Tuesday as I'd missed the cut off time on Friday - no problem, I accept that.
Was using the Virgin sim from Monday, 4G connection, wonderful.
Received text message on Tuesday at 09:35 saying "we're all done porting your old number to your new mobile, so you're free to get stuck in"
At this point my data connection disappeared.
Rang 789 - lady yesterday was very helpful, and suggested as her system said port still in progress that it may not appear until later in the day.
Still no data this morning (phone has been turned on and off a few times) so 789 again, lady with Irish accent who was beyond useless who advised "she'd arranged to have it looked at, will take 3 days, but you were using data yesterday.

Rapidly losing confidence in Virgin Mobile - the only reason I switched was for a better data deal.
My phone is an iPhone 6s Plus, and I'm not given any options to manually enter settings for data connections. Anyone got any ideas, please??? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported number, lost data connection

Hi Bargepower,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your newly ported number's data connection. Has this been resolved for you since your post?

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so that I can look into this further for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm I've received your PM.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Bargepower
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported number, lost data connection

All fixed now. Went into the VM store on Oxford Street and the staff (who were excellent) booked it as a fault and it was sorted after the weekend
0 Kudos