Menu
liammcmanus
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Port issue/nightmare

Guys I need help here URGENTLY... on the 20th of July I ported my work number from Giff Gaff to VM... 3 weeks later I am still without incoming calls or the ability to text... I am a self employed builder, not having the ability to receive calls to my long term work number is literally costing me my livlihood and ability to earn... I need this urgently addressed.

After 37.... (yes thirty seven calls) 20-30 minute phone calls... all logged.. to 789, coupled with multiple emails to complaints and supposed customer service, I am still no closer to finding out when my line will be sorted... this email is my lost shot before having to cut my loses with my number and start all over again... business cards... website... van signage the lot.... its beyond a joke.... I hope someone where answers this.... *********** was the old VM number... *********** is the number is wish to port... ***************** is my contact..... please get in touch

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
liammcmanus
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port issue/nightmare

Thanks for removing my info..... im glad someone is being useful with their time... I would have hoped somebody would have replied formally to my urgent query, either from CS or complaints to assist addressing this issue....

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok do some diagnostics here, Is your phone unlocked to any network?

0 Kudos
liammcmanus
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its a sim free phone that's worked perfectly fine... the issue arose when I ported the number.. its definitely a port issue, I can ring out, the new ported number shows up, though cannot receive calls, send or receive texts...

0 Kudos
liammcmanus
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still no formal response from virgin... is this the wrong forum or what... please tell me

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi liammcmanus,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise for the problems you've had trying to port your number across to us. I appreciate this is a big problem for you as you need it for business.

What was discussed on the calls?

Have they said what the problem is?

Did they say when it's going to be resolved?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos