Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor or Non-existant Signal

Hi ruebenad,

I'm sorry that you continue to experience a problem with the signal in your area. In order to investigate this further, I will require more information from you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi ruebenad,

Thank you for sending that information via PM. I have emailed our network support team regarding this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update for you.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ruebenad
Joining in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

So how long should I wait off before installing the signal booster?

R

0 Kudos
Dragonbat
Joining in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I now have the same issue in my house and in the garden.... no signal or poor signal. Been on going for about t weeks now.

Also not very good when out and about, even stood out side the EE shop the other day had 3 bars up then nothing.

Done everything mentioned previously with no joy.

Both phones iPhone 6s (wife) Samsung S5 mine.

ruebenad
Joining in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

OK, this is what came out of me pushing Virgin (EE) to solve this. NOTHING. 

What I found out is this. EE is the merger of Orange and T mobile as you probably already know, what this really means is they are mad busy decommissioning towers that "overlap". 

What really rips my undies is when they told me "no network issues", this means your coverage is no longer available and therefore the network expects not to deliver coverage. Not offering you a signal is not a network issue "apparently". 

So on EE expect years of variable connections. 

Don't try to use a signal booster either because if the towers are changing then you will be up and down your roof moving you're aerial...plus they just plain don't work. The company "Mobile Booster" is some dodgy company I tried. It did not increase my internal mobile signal, in fact, it reduced it.

What I should do is follow what my neighbours did and change to Vodafone who also have poor coverage here BUT they offer a call to wifi thing that does work (like WhatsApp). There is talk about Virgins app but this has been removing so no solution with Virgin. EE does have a signal booster option that that will cost.

Sorry no red pill here

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Just on the specifics of WiFi calling - you may be interested to know that currently Vodafone & O2's implementation of Wifi calling does not support SMS, and that text messages can only be sent over mobile. EE's implementation includes full voice & text support and is totally seamless. So if you rely on WiFi calling to substitute for mobile coverage, then be aware it is literally WiFi calling-only on Voda & O2.

And there's a lot more to the merger of Orange & T-Mobile than just decomissioning some duplicate sites, although of course that has happened in many areas.

0 Kudos
ruebenad
Joining in
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Literally just off the phone with 02, who told me as of November 2017 the TU Go app (wifi calling) will be removed and replaced with a seamless system (wifi calling without an app), this has the same great features your talking about but unfortunately for anyone with an older 'smartphone' it may not be supported.

You talk up EE's seamless system but lets not forget Virgin dont even have a wifi calling product, Virgin removed their wifi calling app years ago. For me 02 have a mast only .5 miles away and they promise it will work or my money back...so hopefully (for me) next week I will be off this virgin forum because I will have a product that I'm paying for that.... ACTUALLY, WORKS!

"Love Virgin Fiber hate Virgin Mobile"....Virgin Mobile, you can use that catchphrase for free Smiley Wink

Touch wood, bye bye bye

R

0 Kudos
ruebenad
Joining in
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

On 02 I now have 3 bars inside...so thank you Virgin Mobile its been 'memorial'....EE keep up the good work decommissioning towers, it's been unforgivable.

PUK up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile smile smile Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I think you mean PAC not PUK ;-) A PUK code is to unlock a blocked SIM.

I'm glad you're pleased with your new network and hope it all works out for you. I'd personally take EE Wifi calling/4G800 over using O2 anyday, but indoor coverage is certainly an area where EE 1800/2100 can sometimes suffer.

0 Kudos
ruebenad
Joining in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes PAC thank you

I would much rather have calls over 4G internally with 02, than wifi calling via EE. Wifi calling is WhatsApp, except your paying for it! Users of wifi calling should be reimbursed for providing the wifi network to EE

0 Kudos