Menu
GrahamHM
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Poor or Non-existant Signal

Since I switched from EE to Virgin my phone, an iPhone 6, is almost continually 'out of service' when I'm at home (Audley, Stoke on Trent area). How can this be when Virgin uses the EE Network? Has anyone any tips on phone settings that could help with this? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor or Non-existant Signal

Hey GrahamHM, 

I am so sorry to hear about your signal issue. Since you have change the sim cards over have you tried a network reset? If not ill include the instructions below: 

Settings > General > reset > reset network settings only.

This will not reset your phone just the network settings, and give them a little bit of a refresh. I will say be careful what you tap on in the reset menu as the full phone reset is in there also. 

Let me know if this works, 

Kelly 

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi GrahamHM

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with network service at your home. Does it happen only at home or do you find it happens elsewhere? Which handset do you have? Does Virgin come up when you search for networks on your phone?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mp13
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I am in East Kilbride where I normally have a good signal. I have none at present. Is there a problem here or is it my phone

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

mp13 wrote:

I am in East Kilbride where I normally have a good signal. I have none at present. Is there a problem here or is it my phone

Hi mp13,

try entering your post code into the EE service checker (Virgin Mobile works on their network) to see if there are any known issues.

If that shows as OK, you could give Virgin Mobile customer services a call on 0345 6000 789 from another phone (standard rate call or included in any minutes) so that they can look into this further for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

GrahamHM
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. As already stated my handset is an iPhone 6. I am out of service in some areas but mainly at home. It was never as bad as it is now since I moved from EE to Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey GrahamHM, 

I am so sorry to hear about your signal issue. Since you have change the sim cards over have you tried a network reset? If not ill include the instructions below: 

Settings > General > reset > reset network settings only.

This will not reset your phone just the network settings, and give them a little bit of a refresh. I will say be careful what you tap on in the reset menu as the full phone reset is in there also. 

Let me know if this works, 

Kelly 

GrahamHM
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I think there is a slight improvement, so thank you for that. But for most of the time I am without a signal at home. Is there anything else you could suggest I try?

0 Kudos
ruebenad
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I also changed from EE to Virgin and all of a sudden my connect is rubbish. I have 3 EE masts within half a mile of me and I used to connect to one of them when I was with EE, now I connect to a mast over 4 miles away and most likely the reason why the signal is now rubbish.

I have an android Note 5 and have reset network setting, which did nothing.

Image of EE masts (ignore the 02 icons) and when I'm lucky enough to connect it's the one over 4 miles away.

This smells like EE have 2 networks running, one for EE customers and one for Virgin customers!!!

And EE is saying these is no issue in my area HA47UY

Screenshot_20170513-220654.jpgScreenshot_20170513-220619.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi ruebenad,

Thanks for getting in touch via the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your mobile signal.

Checking the postcode provided on the following coverage checker :

I can see on the EE service checker that there was an issue recently, but it's been fixed: 

WE RECENTLY FIXED A PROBLEM IN HA4###

Our engineers have fixed a problem here. It should all be working again now. If you're still experiencing problems, let us know.

The result today on our coverage checker shows:

Superfast 3G & 4G mobile:

VERY GOOD

Your phone should work outdoors and inside most houses, with variable coverage in commercial buildings.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you.

Please provide the following details:

• Full name
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ruebenad
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I still have 0-1 bar inside. 

What's the point of a coverage checker when it does not reflect reality? I checked that thing and it would say nothing is wrong yet you saying there was.

What the checker really means is the follows:

Only 40 people have complained about an issue...once it gets the 200, then we will put down the doughnuts and drive over and restart the cell tower. We will then only tell our staff about this issue 2 weeks later once the problem has been fixed. But never ever will we admit there is an issue at the time when no one can make calls.

But this is all make believe because I still have the problem, as do my neighbours. So no problem has been fixed!

Feed up of paying for a service I dont get and all the lies.

R

0 Kudos