Menu
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Poor mobile signal at home - EE problem?

Past couple of weeks (maybe longer as we only noticed it when our landline went down) our Virgin Mobile Reception indoors is terrible. Sometimes non-existent. It never used to be like this.

A check on the EE network service checker this evening does identify an issue in this area (RM6 6BU) but I can't find out any more as I'm not registered with them.

Can anybody help or advise please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor mobile signal at home - EE problem?

Hey Gobmeister, 

I can have a look into this for you, once I have got the information you need I’ll send you a private message with my findings. 

Chat to you soon, 

Kelly 

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Gobmeister, 

I can have a look into this for you, once I have got the information you need I’ll send you a private message with my findings. 

Chat to you soon, 

Kelly 

JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelly_M

Could you also look into the L25 5NG area for me please. The EE service checker does identify my area has problems but has been like that for over a week now. EE are no help whatsoever as I am a Virgin Media Mobile customer not one of theirs.

Thanks.

James
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sometime by Sat according to EE. 

The main mast for there is on the United Utilities land to the back of you 

0 Kudos
JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

Sometime by Sat according to EE. 

The main mast for there is on the United Utilities land to the back of you 

Hi enlli,

If you are going by the quoted "16 hours" on the EE service checker that is wrong as it has been like that for well over a week now,  I did register for updates but my last text from EE was on 14 December 2016 saying the problem was taking longer than expected, I would have thought nearly 10 days later the issue should surely be fixed by now.

Maybe EE should stop allowing new MVNO's piggybacking on their network if they can't handle it tbh or at least provide support for ALL customers that use their network.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

EE have capacity and to spare as they have 45% of the available spectrum.

I hear from a friend that there has been some pretty big reconfiguration going on in L25 involving more than one network. This may be the problem. 

0 Kudos
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Helpful info received by private message from Kelly_M. Kudos given.

JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

EE have capacity and to spare as they have 45% of the available spectrum.

I hear from a friend that there has been some pretty big reconfiguration going on in L25 involving more than one network. This may be the problem. 

Thank you so much for the replies and help, just wish Virgin could have something on the website to report such issues, even a simple network status for mobile users would be perfect. Don't suppose your friend knows how much longer these issues will last does he/she??.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamesRoberts330, 

I have had a look at that postcode area for you; I will shortly send you a private message to discuss my findings. To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner. 

Chat to you son, 

Kelly

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, info I got was that it was something to do with shared masts with 3 and that it was supposed to be completed by Friday if all went to plan.

Of course, this may not be the mast you are getting your main signal from, but if one is down it can put a strain on the capacity of others. 

The downside of 3G is that the area covered by a mast can reduce or expand dependent on loading

0 Kudos