Menu
Rekkymech
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor internet speed on hsdpa (h+)

Why is my internet so slow even though on hsdpa+ i cant even watch the lowest resolution vids on facebook or you tube without constant buffering. Just upgraded to an s6 on top package from an s4 mini. Wasnt fantastic on the s4 but useable (was able to watch films on netflix ok hot spoting to my tablet) but now its rubbish
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor internet speed on hsdpa (h+)

Hi Rekkymech,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear your experiencing poor internet speed on your mobile.

The most common cause of this issue is usually down to two things. First would be signal issues in your area but by the sounds of it your picking up the correct signal. The second is usually as a result of the fair usage policy.

If you stream a lot of videos via Facebook or YouTube you are consuming a fair bit of data. This means you may exceed our fair usage. This will result in a slower 3G speed for the remainder of the month.

I've included a link here to our fair usage policy. This will explain a bit more around this policy for you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rekkymech,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear your experiencing poor internet speed on your mobile.

The most common cause of this issue is usually down to two things. First would be signal issues in your area but by the sounds of it your picking up the correct signal. The second is usually as a result of the fair usage policy.

If you stream a lot of videos via Facebook or YouTube you are consuming a fair bit of data. This means you may exceed our fair usage. This will result in a slower 3G speed for the remainder of the month.

I've included a link here to our fair usage policy. This will explain a bit more around this policy for you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Rekkymech
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well that makes sense. But although not highlighted by the sales person at point of sale when i first signed up with virgin. And on my old contract with the S4 data was unlimited now the top package is capped at four gig. I am a long distance trucker who uses data for watching films on netflix or tv through i player etc so usage is high and its always been discussed at point of sale, nor is there an option to pay extra for high consumers such as myself.

Not very impressed!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rekkymech,

Sorry this wasn't discussed with you by our sales team. As I mentioned this tends to be the reason high data usage users such as your self experience a slow down of 3G. 

If you feel this wasn't highlighted to you appropriately at the point of sale I would suggest speaking to our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos