Menu
AndySmith
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Poor customer service

I have just been told that I am credit suspended by Virgins underwriters because I have been chasing the phone I ordered a month ago. It was to replace my old phone which I have on contract from Virgin Every time I chased my order Virgin processed the order again and now "I" have exceeded the number of times someone can apply. I now have to wait a 30 days to try again. Well Virgin You will not have to process my order again as I intend to cancel my TV, broadband, landline and two mobiles contracts with you. I am sure SKY or another provider will value my business as it appears that you feel you do not have to bother to provide good customer service to longstanding customers. 

Virgin have told me that "unfortunately" there is nothing they can do about it. Although they acknowledge that it is their fault.

Andy Smith

0 Kudos
AdamLiam
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor customer service

That sums up Virgin for me. I wanted to renew 3 contract phones... service was shocking and I cancelled.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy Smith,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'd like to apologise for the poor customer experience you've had. This is definitely something I don't like to hear and I'm disappointed it's happened to you.

I'm very sorry we let you down on this occasion. I appreciate the frustration caused especially as you were waiting for a brand new phone.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
AndySmith
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich B

So what are you going to do about it? This situation was caused by Virgin Mobile. I look forward to your reply. By the way Jason from the retention team was full of apologies and was supposed to call me by 5pm today to provide an update. 

Guess what ? He didn't call.

I don't want to hear anymore apologies I want to hear that you have taken some action

Andy Smith

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

AndySmith wrote:

Hi Rich B

So what are you going to do about it? This situation was caused by Virgin Mobile. I look forward to your reply. By the way Jason from the retention team was full of apologies and was supposed to call me by 5pm today to provide an update. 

Guess what ? He didn't call.

I don't want to hear anymore apologies I want to hear that you have taken some action

Andy Smith

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping for action??

From Virgin Media???  You joke, of course... the only 'action' will be to ignore you until you go away!!

They don't care, they are not interested,  Always full of 'promises' that NEVER materialise...

As for calling back. forget it....NOBODY FROM VIRGIN MEDIA EVER CALLS BACK!!! it's just a way of 'dumping' you so they can 'con' another poor punter.into signing a contract.

VM are losing customers at a rate of 7000 a month according to national press, now we know WHY!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy Smith,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

Just one last question if I may. It's been 3 days since you last posted, did someone call you back in the end?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
AndySmith
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

No. I had a voicemail from Jason from the retention team on my home phone at the weekend. I said that I wanted a resolution by the end of trade on Monday (5pm). I told him that if he hadn't called me by then I would start moving my business to Sky or another provider. He explained in his message that as it was the weekend he couldn't speak to the people he needed and he would speak to someone on Monday and call me. 

I am presently working away but my wife is at home all week. To date (13/8/15) nobody has contacted either of us. 

I am on annual leave next week so intend to progress my move to another provider, that will be both mobile phones, TV the XL package, home phone and broadband. 

I feel very aggrieved about the way I have been treated. All I wanted was a new mobile phone as my present one has developed various faults.

But if this is the standard of customer service your leadership team are happy to deliver I will move to another provider. In fact I doubt they will even notice when a customer who has been with you for as long as I have moves their £1200 per year to another company, or even care.

regards

Andy Smith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for keeping me updated.

I'm disappointed to hear no one has called you back. I was hoping for better news as I'm sure you were too.

The only thing I can suggest at present is to call Jason back (if you have his number) or to contact our retentions team again as they may have some progress on this.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
AndySmith
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

I am your customer. I do not chase you.

It's looks like Virgin are not bothered about existing customers, just new business.

Perhaps VIRGIN is an apt name for your company, because it has no experience particularly in customer service.

I intend to take my business to another provider.....all of it.

Andy Smith

0 Kudos