Menu
gavin570
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor customer service

My mobile phone developed a problem last week so i booked a repair and was sent a box etc to send it off to the repair centre.

Today i received a call to say my screen had a small chip on it so was out of warranty and if i wanted the repair done i would need to pay £240.00.

I spoke with a friend last night before i received the call today and he told me exactly what would happen, i wish i had believed him now.

I am not happy as the phone has a screen protector on and is kept in a case and did not have any chips or scratches before i sent it away.

I am even more unhappy as i believed i would be without a phone for about 4 days according to the site they dont tell you you have to wait for 2 days from booking the repair to receiving the packing to send it back and then a day in postage to send it to the repair centre.

I have had to go and buy a handset to use whilst my phone is looked at as no loan phone is available.£50

I have tried to raise a complaint through the website to see a message to try during office hours it is 3pm!

I have enquired about my phone insurance to be told i will need to pay the £80.00 excess.

I was notified by text the repair centre had received my phone, not sure how i would see this unless i had bought another!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor customer service

Hi gavin570,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say I'm deeply sorry to hear of this problem. This is definitely not something I'd like to hear happen.

Have you spoke to our team since this happened? They'll be able to contact the repair centre and discuss things further.

The number you need is 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
gavin570
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had to resolve the issue by claiming through the insurance at a cost of £80. I have also been charged for calling the various departments using the given 0845 numbers. No refund has been offered for any inconvenience etc.

This is not about the money ,albeit important, it is more about the handling of a situation which causes stress and is not assisted when incorrect information is given.

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Look up "sales and goods act" then you will see why they should offer you a replacement or fix your phone for free its all there.

0 Kudos
Sangoma
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You are lucky you saw you had to register the insurance that came free with the phone.

I didn't, the phone was a birthday present for my son, and all the paper work was put away "carefully" and the fact that the insurance had to be registered was missed.

Wonder why the fact that it had to be registered was not in as big print as the fact that they gave free insurance.

My daughters phone (experia) had to go for repairs when it was a couple of months old, came back the same, so had to buy another phone.

Very expensive and frustrating dealing with Virgin now, they seem to have lost the plot.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sangoma wrote:

Wonder why the fact that it had to be registered was not in as big print as the fact that they gave free insurance.

Seriously?

0 Kudos