Menu
flyhmstr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor / Variable signal

Bristol (BS15), poor signal inside the house (1930's build) regularly bouncing between zero and 2-3 bars, even when the phone is left on the windowsill.  What plans are in place for EE to improve their network?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor / Variable signal

Hi flyhmstr

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your mobile signal.

I'd recommend taking a look at our [coverage checker] to see if there are any issues in your local area at the moment. Have you had any changes to your mobile recently? New package/handset etc?

Also, are you noticing these issues occur only at home? Or have you noticed a deterioration wherever you are?

Look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4G is a much stronger signal and should resolve you issue, but Virgin seem to be against enabling that for non business customers so the signal will not improve for you sadly

You can try searching for the signal and choose the strongest of the possible two options capital V and small v both virgin
0 Kudos
flyhmstr
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Signal checker : 3G 2bars / 2G 3bars, which lines up with what I'm seeing. 

The signal is definitely worse than the network I've just come from (O2), it also drops out much earlier inside the local Sainsburys (Emersons green).  It looks like weaker signal combined with poor penetration.  We're seeing this effect on both our phones (iphone 6+, one on 9.1 and the other 8.4.1).

I can't comment on whether this is a recent drop off as we've only been with Virgin for a few weeks now.

0 Kudos
flyhmstr
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll have a fiddle, I've avoided 4G for the moment due to the warning, though it seems to make little difference at home as it negotiates to 3G regardless.
0 Kudos