Menu
roy_999
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor Mobile signal again

Hi All

I have just return from Hong Kong and most of Thailand fantastic signal full 5 bar wherever I went. Same in Europe always full Power even on a remote Volcano in Bali I could get a signal.

Are we in the UK been ripped off!! I live in Redditch a main city conurbation and am lucky to get 1 or 2 bars that's depending which way the wind blows because half the time I get nothing.

It seems to me that Virgin and the other Multi Million pound providers are taking the proverbial.

Any chance Virgin might lead the way?

Roy

0 Kudos
gindy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Mobile signal again

Good evening Roy,

Your guess is as good as mine. Have u not picked up SIMs from several different providers to test their signal? I have 2 main SIMs, one with virgin and one with O2. So in essence I'm using the EE and O2's networks. When one isn't any good, the other usually works.

It's definitely worth getting some free payg SIMs and finding one that serves you better than virgin are. Imo of course 😁
I'm just a Virgin mobile customer, like you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Mobile signal again

Hi roy_999

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the signal in your area.

You may just be a little unlucky in terms of where our network partner's masts are located in relation to your property, however you can certainly take a look at the signal you should be receiving by popping your postcode into the signal checker here.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks 

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos