Menu
space_cowby
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pls stop call my children !

My daughter has a contract phone, well its in my name with my contact details. However you phone her multiple times a day to renew contract. We dont want to renew becuase of the great deal we have.

Pls stop harassing a 15 year girl.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pls stop call my children !

This is annoying, but it's the same with all mobile companie. If the phone contract is in your name, how are Virgin Sales meant to know it's actually a 15yo and not you?

I would just block all VM sales calls and blocked numbers on the handset - job done. Also advise your daughter to block all sales calls/recorded sales calls ("our records show you were in a car accident") whenever she gets them. Sadly, it's probably the only way nowadays...

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi space_cowboy,

I have an android device and I downloaded a free app from the Play Store called "Calls Blacklist"
(there are others but I find this simple and effective).

It's great for blocking all sorts of telesales/marketing calls.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is annoying, but it's the same with all mobile companie. If the phone contract is in your name, how are Virgin Sales meant to know it's actually a 15yo and not you?

I would just block all VM sales calls and blocked numbers on the handset - job done. Also advise your daughter to block all sales calls/recorded sales calls ("our records show you were in a car accident") whenever she gets them. Sadly, it's probably the only way nowadays...

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

space_cowby
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I will look at how to block calls, somehting I have never done.
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you have an Android phone, go into the call logs. Select the number, tap the three dots in the top right hand corner, Add to Autoreject list (that's for Android 5, other versions may vary).

0 Kudos
space_cowby
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

She has a excellent DooGee X6 Pro and we dont seem to have this option to reject calls. Might have to look at a third party app.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi space_cowboy,

I have an android device and I downloaded a free app from the Play Store called "Calls Blacklist"
(there are others but I find this simple and effective).

It's great for blocking all sorts of telesales/marketing calls.

Argy
Rising star
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There are a couple of apps with similar names. Which developer is your version?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Argy,

here you go: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vladlee.easyblacklist&hl=en

This works well for me but as you say there are many Smiley Happy