Menu
Shellfish
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please help unexpected costs!

I have call multiple times and even had my sister call for me but we are still getting no where! I have been a customer of Virgin media for about 3/4 years and I got my virgin mobile nearly 2 years ago and once in a blue moon I have gone over on my bill but only a few £s but Monday night I checked my account to find my normally £13 phone contract was going to be £72 and I actually sat and cried! I checked everything and noticed I had gone over my minutes! I have no notification from Virgin mobile to tell me this so had no idea and I didn't think I had been using my phone more than usual but anyway I was checking everything and I found I was charged £33.23 for 481 minutes and at the same time charged £25.79 for 665minutes? Everywhere I look I find it's 40p per minute so how can I be charged more for less minutes? Please I just need some help in understanding and why was I not told I was low on minutes! I'm confused and getting frustrated now as the customer service has been terrible and no help what so ever I have tried to fine and email address but there is nothing and I'm getting nowhere over the phone!

Helpful Answers
Unhappy11
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Please help unexpected costs!

Hi Shellfish,

you are not the only one, my wife received a text from Virgin a couple of weeks ago saying she too had gone over her allowance £176.00.

we found that she had called a number and the call had lasted 9 hrs. 43mins, fortunately it was my own works mobile she had phoned. Like you we have tried contacting the customer service people and have spoken to about 6 different advisor who have struggled to grasp what we were saying. We then were given a email address to corispond with an agent in the UK, unfortunately Virgin discontinued this and I was told that I have to ring the call centres again. Enough was enough and I sent a letter to the customer complaints department at Swansea and waited, no reply. I then wrote another letter but this time I sent it registered mail again no reply.

I am now getting all our corispondence together to send  to arbitration, fortunately I was able to take a photo of my call log that shows I received another call about 30 mins after my wife. Also part of Virgins contract states they will text you when you are nearing your allowance this never happened until the day after . Most importantly the CISAS state that the telephone provider MUST make it easy to sort out complaints.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Shellfish
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have always been happy with virgin media and mobile but now when I need help I can't get it from anywhere! I'm not disputing the fact I went over my minutes and I will pay but so close to Christmas seems that some big company wants a big sum of money off me! Last Christmas it was a different company which I managed to finally get to an arrangement so I could pay it in to slots but no not with virgin mobile they cut you off and I have tried phoning and I'm not getting anywhere because my bill isn't late they can't help! I'm trying to sort it out so that I can keep my phone on but I can't why is there nothing in place for this these things happen I might just pay the £168 or whatever it is to finish my contract because this is getting me no where at all also I would like to know why I wasn't notified when I went over my minutes!!
0 Kudos
Unhappy11
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Shellfish,

you are not the only one, my wife received a text from Virgin a couple of weeks ago saying she too had gone over her allowance £176.00.

we found that she had called a number and the call had lasted 9 hrs. 43mins, fortunately it was my own works mobile she had phoned. Like you we have tried contacting the customer service people and have spoken to about 6 different advisor who have struggled to grasp what we were saying. We then were given a email address to corispond with an agent in the UK, unfortunately Virgin discontinued this and I was told that I have to ring the call centres again. Enough was enough and I sent a letter to the customer complaints department at Swansea and waited, no reply. I then wrote another letter but this time I sent it registered mail again no reply.

I am now getting all our corispondence together to send  to arbitration, fortunately I was able to take a photo of my call log that shows I received another call about 30 mins after my wife. Also part of Virgins contract states they will text you when you are nearing your allowance this never happened until the day after . Most importantly the CISAS state that the telephone provider MUST make it easy to sort out complaints.

0 Kudos
Shellfish
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They are claiming they have sent out a text saying my minutes were near the end but I have no such message and I have messages that dates back to October on my phone and I have triple checked it's not there. My phone contract ends in may so I I have been thinking about not getting another contract phone as it's just going to be too much money I got the £13 because it's what I could afford and I have gone over a few times as I sent picture messages but never like this even O2 let you split up a big bill over 2/3 month and not cut your phone off! Maybe virgin mobile should look at this and see what kind of thing they could put in place.
0 Kudos
Unhappy11
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shellfish,

as Virgin are claiming you made a call for over 600 mins 10 hrs, can you look on your log and see if you made another call or recieved another call around that time.? Also check with the person you phoned to see if they made or received another call just after yours.?

fortunatly my wife phoned myself and Virgin claimed she was on a call to me for over 9hrs. as her call started at 4.30pm I was on another call at 5.15 which I have proof of.

we too will be going else where once this is sorted as it seems Virgin are trying to make it as difficult as possible to report / rectify any issue. I noticed BT mobile has an offer on where you cannot exceed your tariff, we will probably move our 3 mobiles to them in the new year.

0 Kudos