Menu
RickWarren
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture Messaging Charge

Anyone know why would I be charged 40p for a picture message, only by sending a text simultaneously to two people? I pay monthly and had plenty of free texts and data. No emoji's or pictures and characters way below 100. It is difficult to find what Virgin actually classifies as a 'picture message'. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Messaging Charge

It's likely that in sending the messages simultaneously you phone has converted them to MMS.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Messaging Charge

Hi RickWarren

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about the unexpected picture message charge.

As enlli correctly advises, it's less about what we 'classify as a picture message' as such and more about how the phone you have decides to send the message.

Some handsets will automatically convert to an MMS message where there's multiple recipients or the message goes over a certain size.

The handset will usually advise of this with a popup message (albeit one that appears briefly) or an icon change.

Each handset has it's own quirks though, however the 'auto convert to MMS' feature can be disabled completely on some devices.

If you could let us know what devices you're using, we'll get you some more help on this Smiley Happy

Keep us in the loop.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos