Menu
Pippa1217
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone won't send text messages

I have recently got a new phone (Bush E2X) until Friday I was sending text messages regularly with no problem. When replying to a messages I keep getting a notification with a red exclamation mark, telling me that the message hasn't been sent, and providing a resend option. I've made attempts to resend, which have all failed. I am able to send shorter messages but cannot respond with longer messages. I have unlimited texts so that shouldn't be a problem, I have deleted messages and threads, rebooted the phone, restarted the phone, put it onto safe mode, put it on and off airplane mode and have also tried a new APN. So far none of these have worked. Would appreciate any help or advice please.

0 Kudos
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone won't send text messages

Please add myself and a friend of mine each experiencing this same problem since Friday on Virgin mobile. One old Motorola phone, one much newer Samsung.

0 Kudos
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Assuming th actual fault is that text messages longer than one standard text length can't be sent, please add myself and a friend of mine each experiencing this same problem since Friday on Virgin mobile. One old Motorola phone, one much newer Samsung.

0 Kudos
Pippa1217
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I rang virgin mobile this morning they gave me a different APN number to put in though that didn't work. I factory reset my phone and that didn't work either however, I went to send a text more than one message long this evening and magically the problem seems to be rectified. Hope yours is sorted soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pippa1217 & Chris_P,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you have had problems sending text messages over 160 characters. There was a network issue that has now been resolved--thanks for letting us know that this is working for you now.

Chris_P, please let us know if you are still having this problem.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos