Menu
twistedmeta
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone won't connect to foreign networks

Hi there,
I am on holiday and my phone will not connect to the local networks (Berlin). I have activated data roaming both online and on the handset, and done several hard reboots to no effect. I cannot call customer services or anybody else for that matter and its starting to cause real difficulties. Manual and automatic registration both fail. Is there something I've missed?
Any help please!
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone won't connect to foreign networks

Double check that International Call Barring is not enabled. I know it has caused problems in the past.

twistedmeta
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No that's off, but i have noticed that the roaming slider keeps going back to off when i leave the page. Thanks for the quick answer, i really need to get this sorted.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problems.

We seem to get lots of post about the inability to roam

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Twistedmeta,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some issues with roaming abroad. Are you able to log in to your online account here and see if roaming is enabled in Plans and Devices > Manage Services?

If so, are you able to call us from any other phone on +447953967967 so we can make sure this is fixed?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
twistedmeta
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,
Yes I have checked that roaming is enabled multiple times both on the phone and on the internet. I have followed every how to and tips guide I could find, and have tried another sim in the phone that worked perfectly.
Calling the uk would entail using a payphone at this point as I have no other phone access. I do not wish to spend that much money on the offchance that something could be done, when all the other forum replies indicate that it would be fruitless.
I feel that the only action I can take is to do the best that I can for the rest of my holiday.
I am deeply disappointed that this apparently common technical error goes unfixed and that customers do not receive the service that was contracted.
As such I will be looking into other providers when I get home.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We'd be sorry to lose you as a customer twistedmeta.

I understand your frustration but if you did manage to give us a call, I promise we'd do all we can to make sure this is fixed.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
twistedmeta
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,
I do not doubt that the virgin representative on the phone would do anything in their power to help. Given that i have not received any indication as to the cause of this recurrent problem, I doubt there would be much they could do.
I guess we shall never know.
0 Kudos