Menu
davebradley
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone upgrade woes !!

My phone was due an upgrade so i rang up to see what was on offer, Was told that i could have a Moto G at a good price, i asked if this was the latest model and was told it was so ordered, 

To put my mind at ease i rang back a few hrs later as i couldn't see the phone on Virgins web page, i asked again if this was the Gen 2 being sent to me and after a short delay was told yes latest model is on it's way !

When phone arrived it was the old discontinued gen 1 model Grrrrrrrr

Rang back and was told that they haven't any Gen 2 ( or even Moto E gen2 in stock) in stock and it's discontinued with Virgin and they won't be getting any more in !!

Why sell old model phones ?

Why lie about what is being sent out ?

So i'm stuck with an old phone unless i pay more ! not the way forward to keeping your existing customers happy Virgin !! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone upgrade woes !!

Hi davebradley,

Sorry to hear you're not happy with your upgrade. Appreciate your frustration.

Due to the nature of your situation I would suggest calling our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can go through your options with you.

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
davebradley
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen, thank you for your reply, unfortunately i will have to stick with the old model Moto G as i need a phone due to my hospital visits, and my old blackberry is broken. I was told that i could send it back within 14 days and they would send a pre paid jiffy bag but due to my old phone being broken this isn't an option i can take.

Kind regards Dave Bradley 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Totally understand your situation, wasn't sure if you'd been given the option.

If you need anything else by all means get back to me.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos