Menu
hac1992
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone signals keeps cutting out/weakening

My phone signal over the past few months has been either weakening to the point texts and calls can't be made, or cuts out completely for periods of several hours.

This seems to happen mostly when I'm in Manchester, but not so often when I'm in London.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone signals keeps cutting out/weakening

Hi hac1992

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your mobile signal later, I'd recommend taking a look at our [Signal Checker] to see for low signal areas.

I'd also recommend performing a manual network search, if you're not sure how to do this let me know what handset you've got and I'll search for instructions. If this doesn't work, would you be able to try your SIM in a different handset? To rule out the handset as a potential issue.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hac1992
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't know how to do a manual network search; my phone is an iPhone 5s.

My signal area is rated "very good" apparently.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hac1992

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, you can find out how to perform a manual network search by following:

1. You can scan for available mobile networks if your Apple iPhone 5s isn't connecting automatically, or if you want to switch networks while roaming.

Touch Settings.
2. Touch Carrier.
3. Touch the slider to turn automatic network selection off.
4. Wait while the iPhone searches for networks.
5. The available networks will be listed.

Touch Virgin.

I'd love to hear how that goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hac1992
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The signal was on one bar, and came back as three bars (out of five), before dropping back down to one. (In about the space of a minute or so.)

I tried it again and it came back to three bars, before dropping back down to one, then back to two, then one.
0 Kudos
hac1992
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

At this time it is currently fluctuatiing between two and three bars.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hac1992

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, as you've checked the network side of things I'd like to double check the hardware is operating as it should be. Also, is your phones operating system up to date?

Would you be able to turn the device off, remove the SIM card, give the contacts a good wipe and re-insert? This could be why you're intermittently losing service and trying this would let us know.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos