Menu
Stuart007
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone not working in Europe.

My wife and I both set our phones to roaming ready for a trip round Europe. Hers is working but mine is not despite all settings being the same. I did get it working for one day in Belgium and I was able to receive texts but after trying all the steps suggested on the Help pages, it will now not find any network. I am now in Italy. I have tried to call Virgin from my wife's phone but it could not get through. I have double checked that I am set for roaming.
0 Kudos
bantambouncer
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not working in Europe.

Same here, I'm in Spain at the moment, my daughters phone changed automatically but mine on the highest contract available cannot get a service, been without my phone for a week now.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not working in Europe.

Hi stuart007,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties roaming when in Europe.

Sounds like you've tried a few things already on the help pages which is great. I've provided al link here to a thread which has a few things you can try to get roaming up and running. 

It does seem strange though that it worked for a short period. In essence it should be all set up correctly as it worked at some point. Sometimes certain phones can just experience issues roaming.

If you'd like to call us we can take a look at it for you. The mobile team are available on +447953967967 or alternatively on 0044345 6000 789.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos