Menu
grimes5795
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone not receiving inward SMS or calls (but can send outward)

Hi,

I recently got a new contract with Virgin and a few days in my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) completely stopped receiving calls or texts and diverts whoever is calling immediately to voicemail with the message 'conditional call forwarding active'. I have checked the settings on my phone and none of these options for call barring/forwarding are selected. 

I called Virgin Mobile and was told that the connection would be reset (which had no effect) and was sent a new SIM. The new SIM card worked for one text but reverted back to exactly the same problem my old one had. I have tried the SIM card in various different handsets with the same problem and other SIM cards used in my device work perfectly. I am unsure what the next steps here would be as neither my phone or the SIM card needs to be the problem but it is becoming rather frustrating when no degree of troubleshooting helps me to fix the problem.

Can anyone help me with this or is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Thank you,

Liam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not receiving inward SMS or calls (but can send outward)

Hi grimes5795

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your calls. 

Could I check if you managed to get things sorted or if you still need some help with this? 

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
grimes5795
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not receiving inward SMS or calls (but can send outward)

Hi Mark,

Thank you! I managed to fix it by disconnecting from the network myself and it has been working fine for a while now.

I think there is some problem with the Halifax app- everytime I try to set it up the phone verification never comes through and my phone stops receiving calls and texts. Is this a known issue? The problem only occurs when trying to set up this app.

Thank you,
Liam
0 Kudos