Menu
Paul89
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone missing when delivered

Has anyone got the complaints number for virgin mobile trying to get an answer as to why VM or Yodel have lost new phone I have to wait for VM to investigate have been on the phone to customer service for 2 hrs with no answer and have had the phone put down on me twice while sat in a VM shop trying to end my contract
No help from customer service
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Ashg
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone missing when delivered

I'm not surprised. I waited in all day for Yodel to deliver my phone. I found it on my doorstep at the end of the day and Yodel did not knock on the door! Anyone could have walked away with it.  

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul89,

I know that this is not what you are going to want to hear but it is fair enough that VM should want to want to investigate before taking any action.

However here is a guide to Virgin's complaints procedure: Consumer Complaints

There is no dedicated complaints number, you can contact by phone:

150 free from a Virgin Media line. 789 free from a Virgin Mobile, 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Or you can write to them at:

Complaints
Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Ashg
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm not surprised. I waited in all day for Yodel to deliver my phone. I found it on my doorstep at the end of the day and Yodel did not knock on the door! Anyone could have walked away with it.  

0 Kudos
Paul89
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't mind the investigation but I had no contact from VM & when I called them I was told by 2 CM's that the phone would be sent out for today again then had the phone put down on me twice when in a VM shop who were shocked by what happened

As for complaining about the service it's the same department that deals with that

But it seams that VM don't even know what to do when this happens & this is after a whole month of VM calling me to upgrade our 2 phones & it's only that one turned up that I tracked the phone to find out it was missing & the latest phone the CM said that phone was on the way back to them when I was looking at the same tracking that said package had gone missing yesterday & still no contact from VM

And now I cant cancel my contract cause they wont let me so off to legal friends on Monday  

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't expect anew phone until vim have had an answer from yodel (rubbish company worst del service I've ever come across) you can't expect irgin to just send you a replacement without conformation of the issue, and that won't start until Monday at the earliest sadly.

Ashg
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

30 day cooling off period on contracts by law! 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ashg wrote:

14 Days:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html#5

10.1 Your right to cancel: You may cancel this Agreement:

(a) within 14 days from the date your contract started without giving any reason.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Ashg wrote:

14 Days:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html#5

10.1 Your right to cancel: You may cancel this Agreement:

(a) within 14 days from the date your contract started without giving any reason.

And in the case of goods AND services (phone+contract) you will need to return the goods part if you cancel the contract. Which you cant as you haven't got it...or be charged for it- so wind up paying for a handset you didn't receive.

Whilst the law gives you certain rights, how they pan out IRL them is another matter. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for VM to complete investigations with Yodel to move forward. It would 100% be worth getting a letter written stating that as you have not received part of the agreed contract (the goods) and an investigation is ongoing you reserve the right to cancel within 14 days of resolution- no way they could argue with that.

Ashg wrote:

Yeah, bad advice is worse than no advice in some cases....No way OP can simply walk away due to the circumstances.