Menu
Petercaulf
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone hacked?

I have an LG android phone. Today my daughter received a multi media text message from my number that i didnt send. She didn't open it.

Has my phone/SIM/account been compromised and if so, what should i do to protect myself?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone hacked?

Hi Petercaulf,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you daughter has received a strange text message. I appreciate this is of concern to you.

This is a strange scenario and one I've never come across. I suppose the logical explanation would be a possible threat on the handset itself which has triggered this.

To combat this you can 'clean' the phone up a bit. Deleting any unwanted apps and files is a good start as it may have been something you've downloaded.

There are loads of Anti-Virus and Anti-malware apps and software you can download to try and protect your phone. Getting the latest Android firmware will also go a long way for enhanced security.

It would have given you a better indication of what was going on if there was something to view inside it but not clicking on any links.

Hope this helps information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Petercaulf
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I'm running AVG which didn't pick up any threats.

The link appears to be a genuine link to Virgin's multi media message site so i clicked thru via Google as and entered the password given in the email. It was rejected.

None the wiser really but thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you recently text your daughter with any smiley faces i.e Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue Smiley Sad etc?

Or

a particularly long message?

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos