Menu
smiler76
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone fix

Hi,

After my 2 month old Galaxy S6 kept turning off I sent it off for repair using phone fix. The service was great and it came back quickly, seemingly repaired. After 4 days it started freezing and turning off yet again and now on day 5 I can't even get it to turn on. 

Do I just need to keep booking repairs through phone fix? Clearly there's something seriously wrong with the handset so can't I get a new one? I've already been without a phone for 2 weeks and counting and don't fancy all the time it takes to repeatedly send it off for repair.

Thanks for any advice. 

Lyndsey

KAM1979
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone fix

Hi there,

sometimes that can happen if an app isn't working that's been restored on to your phone. Try factory resetting your phone and then add your apps back on one at a time, by doing this you will be able to see which app that's causing the problem, this isn't always the answer but more often than not it is. Smiley Happy
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Honestly, your best bet is to let Samsung look at it. There have been a few on here that have gone down that route after failed repairs and have been glad they did.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/support-centres/

smiler76
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did try this with the apps when it went wrong the first time but to no avail. This time its completely had it though. It won't even let me do a hard reset now. The best I can get is the Samsung logo repeatedly and no more. Its a shame as I love this phone. Hope they can sort it!

0 Kudos
smiler76
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your advice and the link. I'll give them one more chance to fix it then give Samsung a go.

0 Kudos