Menu
srt963
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone call after contract application

Hi guys, I applied for a contract yesterday (Galaxy S7, £36 p/m), then got a phone call off Virgin today. The guy on the phone advised that I had passed the Virgin credit check but not the phone loan credit check. He said at this stage I could get the SIM only - and then after having it for either 2/3 months and making the payments on time I would then qualify to get the phone (would simply have to ring and ask for it). I asked if he was 100% certain I'd get the phone after this time and he said yes - maybe after 2 months but if not definitely after 3 months assuming everything had been OK with my payments.

I asked him to e-mail this so I had it in writing but didn't get anything back, so I'm now a bit sceptical and don't want to get this SIM and then find in 3 months time I ring up for the phone and they laugh..

Does anyone know if this is legit/sound correct? Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone call after contract application

Hi srt963,

there is absolutely no guarantee that you will qualify for a phone after 2 or three payments of a SIM only contract.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

srt963
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I had a feeling this would be the case and that I was quite possibly being mis-sold, didn't expect it to be so blatant though....at least I can still cancel at this point. Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi srt963

Welcome to the Community, I am so sorry to learn about this situation. I'd like to feed this back to our quality teams so we can be sure we're always giving the right information and in the right way.

So I can do that, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
srt963
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So to update, the day after I posted this I rang up to cancel and after 20 minutes on the phone was advised it had been cancelled (this is before the SIM had even arrived). A few days ago payment was attempted to be taken from my account and the account has now shown as active on my credit report....are Virgin for real?! Now having to write a letter as clearly are unable to be trusted over the phone. Unbelievably bad experience..

0 Kudos