Menu
JohnSharpe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone been cutoff since Friday, no balance due on bill, anyone else having issues

Trying to move mobile from my ex girlfriend virgin account to my own virgin account, cant be done, so have to request a paccode, got that, bill due on Friday, cut me off on Friday with no text or anything, stranded at a ferry terminal for 3 hours, had to buy a new giffgaff sim, all ive had since then is lies about when it will be back on,  so far cost me £30 plus no access to my number ive had for 8 yrs since Friday,  cant even call 789 from my virgin mobile anymore, on hold yesterday for 1 hour then cut off,  Saturday girl answered the phone and when I asked for a manager, she put her headset onto table and I heard her say im away for my break,  30 mins listening to office with me going into meltdown on phone, when back from break she hung me up,  superb service from virgin

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone been cutoff since Friday, no balance due on bill, anyone else having issues

I changed tariff on my sim only contract on 24/3 now I have no balance on my account.  Looks like I have no allowances despite my tariff saying I have so now I'm getting charged for everything.  Even charged £1 this morning for internet usage at 7am!  At that time my phone was switched off and I was still in bed.  Trying to contact Virgin is impossible. I would say they have major problems since their 'upgrade' over the weekend!

0 Kudos

All Replies
JohnSharpe
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone been cutoff since Friday, no balance due on bill, anyone else having issues

Just wasted another £10 in credit on hold to 0843 number on my giffgaff phone, Quote from virgin website

"While we’re busy making things better, you can still make calls, send texts and use your phone as normal."

total joke should be while we ruin a system that worked fine, we will cut you off, lie to you and generally treat you like something we stood in

BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I changed tariff on my sim only contract on 24/3 now I have no balance on my account.  Looks like I have no allowances despite my tariff saying I have so now I'm getting charged for everything.  Even charged £1 this morning for internet usage at 7am!  At that time my phone was switched off and I was still in bed.  Trying to contact Virgin is impossible. I would say they have major problems since their 'upgrade' over the weekend!

0 Kudos
JohnSharpe
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's them finally got my phone back on, they can only offer compensation dependant on the tariff your on, so despite me being over £40 out of pocket they offered me £1.32 as a credit, don't know whether to buy a timeshare or invest it in stocks and shares.

David63
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nice one lol. Makes me laugh everytime.
0 Kudos
leah_no1auntie
Up to speed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They suspended my sisters phone on Monday for no reason and are blaming the new system as to why they can't reconnect her
0 Kudos
heatherj
Settling in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. They told me to ring back on Tuesday but were still under maintenance, rang Wednesday& 'they reconnected my services', rang yesterday still no services and again today. Just to keep being put on hold for 30 minutes. Why improve services to make it worse?!

0 Kudos
leah_no1auntie
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

my sisters phone is the same been like it for a week cant seem to get sorted virgin are no help at all

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heatherj,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some trouble with billing. So we can get this all sorted for you, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll be sure to get this fixed.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Addyg
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lol currently on hold to that number for the 12th day in a row trying to lie their way out of this mess! This is ridiculous and sub standard service
0 Kudos