Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone & Voicemail Issues

I just called virgin mobile asking why two calls from another virgin mobile to my mobile went straight to voicemail without ringing. 

I was told they would turn off unconditional voicemail, I can't understand it as I normally get fifteen seconds of ringing and if I don't answer it goes to voicemail, but it never rang in the first place twice, then it did on the third occasion.

So I'm confused what it is she has turned off.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone & Voicemail Issues

Hi paperclip,

Thanks for posting your query with us.

Unconditional diverts are when no matter what status the phone is in (even if it's free to take a call), it will divert to voicemail.

I'm not sure why this was in effect at the time but the agent must have found this active and turned it off for you to stop this from reoccurring.

Has it been ok since this was turned off?

Let me know if you need anything else.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The agent said she turned it off but as far as I was concerned it was off already as voicemail was still kicking in if I didn't answer, it was just that according to someone who had been trying to contact me on that particular day said it didn't ring and went straight to voicemail on two occasions right after each other.

When I called for a second opinion a male agent said it was more likely just a network issue and that the female agent just told the system again that unconditional should be off, so it's like telling the system what it was already instructed to do.

If it happens again I will report it here as it may well be that we need another or stronger mast/coverage.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip,

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah as I mentioned it may just have been something that inadvertently kicked in or from what you described the agent deemed it necessary to resubmit the option to turn unconditional voicemail off.  

In any event if it happens again just let us know.

Many thanks.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've had some calls go straight to voicemail when I have been in a place with weak or no signal.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah teabag, it would seem that it was indeed a poor network issue.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will do Stephen.
0 Kudos