Menu
StanLaurel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone Upgrade Banner

A few days ago, I checked my account online and noticed a green banner appear advising me that I'm due an upgrade.(my contract is due to end  Jan 2016)

I called Customer Services and spoke to an offshore advisor who told me that I'm not entitled to an upgrade yet.

The banner is still there on my account screen.

Please could someone advise if it's the Banner or the customer service advisor giving me incorrect information?

Thanks

0 Kudos
StanLaurel
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Upgrade Banner

anyone?

0 Kudos
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had similar happen to me - banner popped up about 2.5-3 months before my contract end date.  I contacted VM and they said the same thing, that I wasn't due one yet and that the system sometimes had glitches.  Sure enough the banner went away shortly after.

Then it came up again 2 months before contract end, so I asked again and was then told I was allowed to upgrade to a new phone at that point, but had to wait until the final month to switch to SIM only (which was what I wanted to do).  

In the end though I rang them 2 days before I entered the last month, and they switched me to SIM only in time for the next refresh date anyway!Smiley Happy

Sounds like the an extent, they offer you what they feel like offering!

StanLaurel
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply.

Guess I'll just wait another month then !

0 Kudos