Menu
johno57
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone Repair

Having problems with my Nokia Lumia 630 freezing and missing calls.  After several attempts to fix it over the phone by the customer service team, they told me that it couldn't be repaired, so they put me onto the insurance team.  Who then tell me that I shouldn't be talking with them as it needs to go to the warranty team first.  The warranty team tell me they will be sending me an envelope to send the phone back to them.

But I have since had a text from virgin mobile, saying they are sorry I am leaving and to send back the phone in the envelope that they are sending.

I haven't a clue if the phone will be getting repaired or they are cancelling my contract.

If it is getting repaired, does anyone know if they provide you with another phone, while mine is away.  If not do I get a refund on my account for the time I am without a phone.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Repair

Even more confused now. I read it that the OP still has his phone and doesn't know if it's going for repair under warranty or whether his contract has been ended as stated in the e mail he has received from vm.

He also wants reassurance that he will not be billed for the period he does not have a working phone.

It appears that the repair process is not 'very quick' at all - he is waiting for an envelope and in the meantime is without a phone to use - perhaps to get an answer he should phone in ????.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi johno57,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for any confusion caused on our part. When the phone undergoes repair, you won't be issued with a replacement as the repair process is very quick. Give us a call on 789 when your phone is returned and we'll look into what we can do. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Even more confused now. I read it that the OP still has his phone and doesn't know if it's going for repair under warranty or whether his contract has been ended as stated in the e mail he has received from vm.

He also wants reassurance that he will not be billed for the period he does not have a working phone.

It appears that the repair process is not 'very quick' at all - he is waiting for an envelope and in the meantime is without a phone to use - perhaps to get an answer he should phone in ????.

0 Kudos
johno57
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes you are correct, I am still waiting for the envelope to return my phone (hopefully just for repair and not cancelling my contract)  And during this time the phone is constantly playing up, with people informing me that they have been trying to ring me, and it freezing constantly.

Still not sure if I will be reimbursed for the time I am without the phone.

0 Kudos
johno57
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

Thanks for your reply, but not sure on what you mean, when you say, when I get the phone back, give you a ring nad see what you can do to help.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey johno57

Sorry for the confusion here, we'd like to take a closer look at your account to confirm the action that's being taken to get this resolved. 

Give our team a call on 789 from a Virgin handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other line and we'll check this for you.

If you need any assistance in the future.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
johno57
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craig

Really annoyed now, the phone is getting worse by the day, with it now taking over a day to deliver text messages, as well as continually freezing.  I phoned up customer services yet again on Friday 24th April, and they came out with the excuse that they had no envelopes, and that was why I hadn't received it,  but not to worry as it is now on it's way.  Well the postman has just been Monday morning and no envelope.

Is there anyone else I can speak to, or a shop I can go to.  Because this is getting ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johno57

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me about this issue, I'm massively sorry that we've not made as much progress as we'd like at this point.

I've sent you information in a private message regarding how I'd like to help escalate this for you. You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused. I look forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos