Menu
VGNDave
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone Number swap

I have three Virgin SIMs on contract, two of which are fitted to iPhones (1x me,1x wife) and the other to Son's Samsung. My wife also has a PAYG phone also on Virgin SIM.

My wife wants her PAYG Telephone Number transferred to her iPhone and then the PAYG phone (old Nokia Brick) can be condemned to scrap.

I phoned Virgin but the lady at the other end seemed to say it was not possible but "think" I managed to convince her it was. Then was asked wife's password for her PAYG phone account but she cannot remember it.

Firstly is the number swap possible.

Secondly how do we recover the password to enable the swap

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Number swap

Hi VGNDave,

whilst you could easily transfer the PAYG SIM to the iPhone (trim it to size or request a replacement).

Migrating / porting a number within the Virgin network is not possible.

The only way to transfer your wife's PAYG Virgin number to her other Virgin SIM would be to call 789 & request a PAC for the PAYG number.

Port that number out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Request a PAC from the new provider then port the number back to Virgin on your wife's iPhone SIM card.

With regard to the password required when calling customer services, I'm afraid that I can't help.

Did you ask the agent if there was a "recovery system" in operation for such instances?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
VGNDave
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Number swap

Thanks Alexkid

How complicated.

I would have thought it would have been much simpler when an "internal swap".

Ho Hum, now to break the news to M.R.S

Thanks for assist
0 Kudos