Menu
Boonji
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone Contract

I was told if I was to make 2 payments on time across 2 months I could get a Phone on contract but does it count when I make the payment early by choosing "Make an additional payment" as part of the two payments cause I need the phone now and I have enough to pay for the phone for like 10 months

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Contract

Hi Boonji,

Thanks for your query. Sometimes we're unable to offer you a mobile phone contract as we don't have enough payment history. If you're a current customer, we can only upgrade you to a contract with a phone if we receive a clear credit check.

I must be clear though, that we can't guarantee that we will be able to offer you the contract - as this is all pending on the credit check along with payment history. 

If you would like to discuss this further, just give us a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 and we'll take a look for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There is no guarantee that you will be able to get a full contract phone after 2 4or Evan 6 months it's just sales lies, there are a few posts asking the same sadly
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boonji,

who told you that?

As mobile phone contracts are subject to a credit check, 2 payment's or more aren't going to guarantee you the phone.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Boonji
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply I had no notifications. It was a sales rep on the phone saying since I had no credit history he said I would be put onto it after two payments on time
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Boonji,

Thanks for your query. Sometimes we're unable to offer you a mobile phone contract as we don't have enough payment history. If you're a current customer, we can only upgrade you to a contract with a phone if we receive a clear credit check.

I must be clear though, that we can't guarantee that we will be able to offer you the contract - as this is all pending on the credit check along with payment history. 

If you would like to discuss this further, just give us a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 and we'll take a look for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Boonji
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I am going be to be contacted back with 48hrs because what I was told is not what usually happens.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, Boonji. I'm glad to hear that we are looking into this for you. 

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Boonji
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They keep saying they're going to phone back but never do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boonji

Sorry to hear you've not received the expected call back.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information (purple envelope) - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos