Menu
HCS
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Personal and business numbers on same phone

Hi,

Starting new business. Want to separate personal life from business life. Don't want to walk around with two separate phones though and could do without buying a new dual SIM phone and paying for two contracts.

I called up Virgin mobile but the lady didn't understand what I was going on about, so I gave up.

Seems ridiculous that I have a virgin landline and mobile, yet would need a third phone for business.

I'm also wary about these second line apps and services like Google voice might not be 100% reliable.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Personal and business numbers on same phone

I had this many years ago with Orange Line 2 but I don't know that any UK providers do 2 numbers on 1 SIM any more.

You could get one of these personal numbers that divert to your mobile or any other phone of your choice but it will cost.

Really, for business use you need to keep things separate and get itemised bills for a phone that is solely for business use. Doing that makes things easier for tax purpose as the cost of a phone/ contract is then tax deductible.

If it is only for calls then a small cheap phone would be all you need

0 Kudos
HCS
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, it's just having to carry two phones everywhere I go would be a real pain.

Going to call Virgin again tomorrow and see if I get someone a bit more clued up than the weekend staff.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi HCS,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

That's a good question!

I'm afraid it's not possible to provide 2 numbers on one sim. Only one number can be assigned to one sim. You would potentially need to explore one of the options you've previously stated.

Sorry I couln't help more with this.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Geoffwales
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My moto g is a twin sim phone

0 Kudos