Menu
LyddieP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

People can't hear me on Sony Xperia Z5

Since I have joined Virgin mobile with a pay monthly phone and sim, I have had trouble with calling people on my Sony Xperia z5. Whether people call me or if I call them, they can't seem to hear me at all. I reset the factory settings a number of times and it would work fine for up to a week until it happens again. I've checked the microphone calibration and that has not been affected.

Is there any way this can be resolved or will I have to choose another phone with the same costs?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: People can't hear me on Sony Xperia E5

Hi LyddieP, 

Thanks for keeping in touch. Apologies you're still experiencing this problem with your Sony. I would like to clear up a few things for you as I am not sure what you have been advised when calling in and speaking to a member our team.

You mentioned you purchased the handset in August. Your handset is covered under a Manufacturer's 24 month warranty from that date so any faults that you may encounter during that period of time can be booked into our repair centre and they would be happy to look at the device and find a way of getting you a working handset providing there is nothing voiding the warranty.

You mentioned there was no physical or liquid damage to your device, this should mean the handset will be covered under the Manufacturer's Warranty. This meaning the repair would be free of charge at no cost to you. 

There are a handful of other things that could void the Warranty but the main 2 are physical and liquid damage so if you are confident there is neither then there is no reason we cannot get this booked into our repair centre to be looked at. If they are unable to repair the fault they will exchange the device for you, again providing the handset meets the warranty criteria.

If you wish to book the handset in yourself please visit [This Link] and follow the diagnostics.  Alternatively you can call the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other line and ask them to book the handset into repair for you.

If you want to know more then feel free to get back in touch.

Thanks  

Mike

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: People can't hear me on Sony Xperia Z5

Hi LyddieP,

have you looked for suggestions here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Z5-Microphone-Problem/td-p/1070771

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

LyddieP
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alex,

Yes I have done the resets suggested on that forum. I did the safe mode and it seems to have brought up a Chinese keyboard?! I'm wondering whether it's worth swapping to get a new phone for the same monthly amount to avoid going through more trouble with this one. Do you think that would be possible? 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi LyddieP,

if your phone is under warranty it might be worth looking here: https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/phoneRepairs

Still under contract, you'll need to pay off the device in full before you can upgrade to another model.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

HI LyddieP,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your Sony Xperia Z5. 

Thanks for letting us know that you have already tried suggestions on the Forum and also tried a factory reset. I'm sorry that none of these options has resolved the problem you are experiencing. 

Have you given our team a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that we can run through diagnostics for your handset?  If you have called in, please keep us posted how this went for you.
Many Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
LyddieP
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello there,

I called Virgin on Saturday and explained the issues with my phone, and they will be sending me a new sim this week. If it still has issues after a few weeks of having the new sim installed then they will ask for it to be sent for repairs. 

Kind regards,

Lydia.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for posting back about the progress with your handset issue. I'm glad to hear that the problem with your Sony Xperia Z5 is being looked into by our Mobile Team.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
LyddieP
Tuning in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri,

Since receiving a new sim from Virgin I have been able to contact people with them being able to hear me at the other end. Hopefully this has fixed the problem for good.

All the best,
Lydia.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for getting back to me, apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I'm glad to hear that the new SIM card has fixed the monster problem you were experiencing with your Sony Xperia Z5.

Please get back in touch if you have any further problems.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
LyddieP
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: People can't hear me on Sony Xperia E5

Hello again Terri,

I have just had a family member ring me and unfortunately they can't hear me again! Not sure what else I can do as I have had the new sim installed and I've run the diagnostics for my microphone.

What are my options for changing my phone? Also, my phone is the Xperia E5 model, not the Z5 model.

Kind regards,

Lydia.

0 Kudos