Menu
davedal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Paying off Freestyle contract and taking out another

So i decided today to phone up Virgin and discuss paying of my iphone 5s and taking out a new agreement so i can get a xperia z5.

First issue i had was the person on the other end of the phone telling me that my password was wrong and having to do further security checks (it wasnt wrong, they just struggle to understand the scottish)

After this was resolved, i was put on hold for 5 minutes whilst they looked in to my account. She came back and said i will not be able to pay it today as accounts department is closed so i will have to phone up in the morning.

I asked to speak to someone else to confirm this and was put on hold this time for 7 minutes.

Eventually someone else came on, again i had to confirm my phone number and details AGAIN and then explained to him what i was looking for. This guy now says he can help me out with paying it off and then ran though what phone i was looking for, i explained first the xperia z3 to which he said they are out of stock (no information on the website) and would i like to look at the m4, no i said i would rather look at the z5. He said, ok since we are out of stock if the z3 do you want to look at the m4, again i replied i already said no and by this time the language barrier was worse so i asked for another advisor.

Put on hold this time for 11 minutes, new guy came on the phone and says the z3 is not out of stock and i can happily pay off my iphone and take out another phone (bingo i thought). He passed me to accounts and i paid the the £190 outstanding and then asked to be transferred back to order my new phone. This time, i was now told that i am not able to order a new phone till Monday as its now the upgrade team that has to do it which is something i was told told at the start.

All in all, a 59 minute phone call resulted in me paying £190 and coming away today with no phone ordered.

She says its the upgrade team that now deal with it, sales cannot just order me a new phone as i also want to keep m y sim card. I said order me a phone and simcard then and port the number over 2morrow, but no they said this was also not possible.

Totally shocked how the limited information i received from the start of the phone call which is when i should have been told that i wont be able to order a phone today.

You lot really need to start employing people in this bloody country who can understand english and can explain things in a way which makes everything clear. Every time for over 10 years that i have ever called Virgin, i am left deflated and irritated after a conversation with the staff.

I AM NOT HAPPY

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying off Freestyle contract and taking out another

Hi davedal,

next time call the Upgrades team directly: 0345 183 1150

Open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sunday Closed.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
davedal
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying off Freestyle contract and taking out another

Well if i was told that in the first few opening lines of the conversation and not 50 odd minutes later then i dont think i would be here posting lol

0 Kudos