Menu
rodclarkeca
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pay as you go account

I live in Canada but spend about 4 months a year in the UK and Europe.

I have had a  Virgin mobile PAYG telephone account, with an old SIM card that I have had for about 5-6 years, which I find excellent and would like to continue using. I have two questions:

I have just bought a more modern phone which uses a micro SIM card. How do I obtain a micro SIM card to replace my existing one, and can it be sent to Canada before my next trip to Europe in May, or does it have to go to my UK address?

I stay in a European house with no wifi. Can I buy data on that account so that I can do essential email using my phone ? 

0 Kudos
rodclarkeca
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay as you go account

I should add that the PAYG account is a Virgin UK account, not a Canadian Virgin Mobile Account. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When did you last use it?

PAYG SIMS from Virgin expire if not used within a certain time.

If you’re on one of Virgin Mobile‘s latest Pay As You Go tariffs (i.e. the “Big Data & Texts” or “Big Talk” tariffs), there’s an inactivity period of 180 days. You’ll need to make a chargeable phone call or text message at least once during this period. According to clauses 3.7 and 7.2(g) of their Terms & Conditions:

3.7 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and disconnect you from the Network. We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

7.2 Suspension for other reasons: We may also suspend your use of the Services and disconnect your SIM from the Network without giving you notice if you, or anyone who uses your SIM:

(g) chooses not to use our Services within a 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message;

If you’re on an older tariff such as “Pay As You Go Addict” or “Simply 8p”, the inactivity period is only 90 days. Refer to clause 3.8 of the old terms and conditions.

Not sure they will send to Canada

0 Kudos
rodclarkeca
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Was aware of that requirement but not  a problem as I use it about every three months for a month at a time.   

0 Kudos