Menu
vickyb67
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pay Monthly Contract up,wanting to go pay monthly sim only

I have two mobiles on a Pay Monthly contract.The contract has just finished and I am wanting to downgrade to sim only(Pay Monthly £5) on both phones.Would I be able to keep my present sims to do this?, as id like to keep my current number/contacts,and is there any way of doing this online(via a forum moderator maybe?),or would I have to telephone customer services?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay Monthly Contract up,wanting to go pay monthly sim only

Phone 789 and select "I'm thinking of leaving". You'll be given your "upgrade date". If that's more than 30 days on from today's date (or the date you ring up) then hang up. You need to to ring within the 30 days before that date.

When you are on 789 within 30 days of the upgrade date, you'll eventually be put through to someone who will help amend your deal. Don't tell them you want to change to a SIM only deal, tell them you've got a better deal elsewhere and ask for your PAC which is the code you need to use when you want to move your number to another provider. They will then analyse your usage over the last year and determine the cheapest deal which meets your needs.

The last payment for your pay monthly tariff will happen two weeks after your upgrade date. In other words, you'll still pay one old tariff payment after your new SIM only tariff starts.

Good luck.

(Incidentally, if your earliest upgrade date has already passed, substitute "refresh date" for "upgrade date" in everything I've said above.

0 Kudos
bstusco
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why wouldn`t you tell them you want to go to a sim only deal. After all it`s what she wants? I am actually in the same position. Oh and as the poster asked "Would I be able to keep my present sims to do this?, as id like to keep my current number/contacts".

0 Kudos
bstusco
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can anybody answer this please?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi vickyb67,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for posting.

I can see Gorf has been helping you out which is great and much appreciated.

Just thought I'd add that you wouldn't need to change your SIM as all you are essentially doing is changing your tariff with us.

Have you managed to speak with our mobile team as Gorf suggested. 

Let us know if you need anything.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bstusco,

Thanks for your postSmiley Happy

Yes you would be able to keep your SIMs as all you are essentially doing is changing tariff.

When your ready to do this give our team a call on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can get this sorted for you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bstusco wrote:

Why wouldn`t you tell them you want to go to a sim only deal. After all it`s what she wants?

Because if you say "I'm leaving" you get a more financially beneficial attempt to retain you as a customer than if you say "I love Virgin, please keep me".

0 Kudos