Menu
roy5051uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pay As You Go

I have recently ended my Monthly 30-day SIM-Only Contract on my Virgin Mobile and have gone over to Pay As You Go.  I now wish to end my association with Virgin Mobile and use another supplier.  I have £1.60 credit left on my Virgin Mobile, which I assume I will lose.  I have discarded my SIM Card.

How can I let Virgin Mobile know that I want to discontinue with their service?  Or do I just not use the service and hope it will fade away over the next few months?

Or do I have to talk to Virgin and tell them to discontinue the service?  I was hoping that I could do this by email or letter, because getting through to them entails a very long wait on the phone (last time it took me over three quarters of an hour, and at 74 I may not have that sort of time to waste), but they do not seem to have (a) an email address or (b) a posting address.  Customer service is truly awful.

Any ideas, please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pay As You Go

Hi roy5051uk,

if you wish to keep and move your Virgin mobile number to your new provider. You need to contact customer services (0345 6000 789 standard rate call from any other phone) and request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code). Using this will discontinue your service with Virgin Mobile, plus saves you the hassle of having to inform everyone of your new number.

Otherwise after about 6+ months of inactivity your Virgin SIM will be deactivated.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi roy5051uk,

if you wish to keep and move your Virgin mobile number to your new provider. You need to contact customer services (0345 6000 789 standard rate call from any other phone) and request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code). Using this will discontinue your service with Virgin Mobile, plus saves you the hassle of having to inform everyone of your new number.

Otherwise after about 6+ months of inactivity your Virgin SIM will be deactivated.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
roy5051uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  I already have another mobile, so will not require a PAC code.  I will just let the SIM run  out of time after 6+ months.

0 Kudos