Menu
souljacker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pay As You Go - no 3g after receiving new 4g sim

I've recently changed my handset and as a part of that I needed a new sim. I was sent a new 4g sim which is now in my phone. I understand that I can't get 4g on Pay As You Go but since the change I've been unable to get any mobile data to work. 

I've looked into the problem via Google and not found a working solution. I cant say 100% certainly that my phone is even set up correctly as its new to me but data is turned on as is roaming. When the data is turned on the icon on the "drop down" menu is highlighted but no icon displays at the top of the screen alongside the wifi/time etc. Everything else on the phone is running normally.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and its running Android version 6.0.1 . I can provide other information if needed.

I hope that makes sense to someone?! Can anyone out there offer some advice please?? Thanks

0 Kudos
souljacker
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay As You Go - no 3g after receiving new 4g sim

Ok so having tried to sort this for the past 3-4 days and getting nowhere I posted in the forum. Immediately following that I put my coat on and took the dog for a walk and lo and behold my mobile data is suddenly working!?!?

I hadn't changed any settings or anything so I dont know what changed but it seems to be sorted.

Mods can close/remove this thread thanks!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay As You Go - no 3g after receiving new 4g sim

Hey souljacker, 

I am so glad everything is working for you, I’m not too sure what happened, however if it comes back just give us a shout and we will have a look into this for you. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos