Menu
gerryatric10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pay As You Go Sim Card

Can anyone tell me if Virgin Mobile do a Pay as you go sim only which does not require a set monthly payment? My husband has a bog standard Nokia mobile which is only used very rarely to text my mobile or for me to text him at home so I want to be able to top up only as and when required. Until recently he had a E E pay as you go sim but because it has not been used in the past 6 months the number and account have been discontinued with the loss of any credit and as I have a Virgin Mobile pay monthly account it would be useful for his mobile to have a Virgin Mobile also. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay As You Go Sim Card

Hi gerryatric10,

it sounds like you require a Virgin Mobile Pay As You Go SIM.

For a light user though, Virgin's tariff is not really suitable and quite expensive compared to some other providers.

I.E. O2's Classic (5p per minute / text) or Three Mobiles 3-2-1 tariff (3/4G phone's only though).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also worth noting, that most PAYG Sims will will end up like the EE one did if you don't make a chargeable call or text at least every 3 months.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
gerryatric10
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, having looked at a couple of mobile networks I now realize the need to use to use the mobile a little more often but what I don't want is to have to pay a monthly set fee as it just isn't going to be cost effective for the use it will get. My husband and I are both OAP's and I have only got the £5 per month Sim only deal and use a minuscule amount of my allowance but it is reassuring to know I have that when I need to get in touch with family etc. in an emergency, my husband uses - or rather hasn't used of late - my old bog standard Nokia but says he will use it if we can find a suitable Sim.

0 Kudos