Menu
Andy_Pie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Partial Pac code success

Hi,

Rang Virgin mobile yesterday to arrange two number changes from EE to my Virgin mobile sims.

This morning i received texts on both phones saying number successfully ported, however only one looks successful.

Both ported numbers shows on my Virgin account, both have no service on the old sims as expected.

However one ported number seems like its partially transferred and cannot ring or txt  to it.

The device still uses the "old" Virgin sim number.

Is it a matter of waiting like i was told, but something tells me there's an error if one number went without a hitch.

Thanks Andy.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Partial Pac code success

Hi Andy,

sometimes a number port does take a little more time.

I would do as you have been advised and wait a little longer yet before panicking about your second number.

Keep periodically rebooting the mobile phone and testing it.

If the porting process still hasn't completed within another 24 hours, give customer services another call.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Andy_Pie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I figured so, thanks AlexKid.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Alex

if you read the first couple of pages it's a common enough issue normally resolved quickly but on occasions can take much longer. Phone every day and after 48 hours if needed ask foe escalation and a corresponding log number.

0 Kudos
Flyer85
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Andy, I've been waiting 28 days now (yes, days!) and despite having been told 28 days via text that the port had gone through successfully, it has not. I can't receive calls or texts to the number I was transferring over. Apparently there is a big issue with porting numbers in, but it feels as though it is being swept under the carpet. Good luck with this. It's frustrating as, until the port is successfully resolved, there is no way of leaving and cancelling the process either!
0 Kudos
garyglazerman
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This doesn't bode well. I just swapped from EE to Virgin mobile and seem to be stuck in limbo with my PAC change and number setup. Also noticed that when using my phone out and about that service connectivity is poor (which is why I went to EE in the 1st place) as my phone (Motorola G) is 4G capable. I now understand that although Virgin uses the EE network it doesn't use the 4G side of it. Pants!!

0 Kudos
Andy_Pie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The number finally transferred on Thursday, it took me 6 calls during the week to speak to someone with a clue.

The transferred number was from EE as well the same network :s

I found that the support service for Virgin mobile is abysmal at best, with the majority seeming like they are overseas reading from the same sheet.

Twice on wednesday i was cut off when ask to speak to a manager.

If i knew how bad the support was i would never of changed networks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy_Pie Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming back and letting the restof us know how the number changes went in the end.

I am sorry that you felt this wasn't the best and we would like to help in the future and would like you to know that this doesn't reflect how we feel about helping you.

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos