Menu
gw1
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Parental Control

As a last resort I'm posting here to see if anyone can help, as I seem to be getting no-where with customer services.

Parental Control suddenly became active on my account on Saturday without changing the setting on my account. I phoned 789 and was initially told to clear cache and restart my phone and if this wouldn't work I would have to send a copy of my birth certificate the Virgin. This didn't work so I phoned back and this time had someone guiding me through manually changing the APN settings for long time. This also didn't work so was told a technician would phone me later that day. No-one phoned back so I rang again on Sunday. Another long phone call this time checking my account and Chrome settings. Advised to install Dolphin browser and someone would call me back. I installed Dolphin which also didn't work and no-one phoned back. I phoned again later in the day. Was told that it hadn't been 24 hours since my first phone call, to clear cache and reboot my phone again. I phoned again on Monday and was told a technician would resolve this and I would get a call back within 48 hours. No one has contacted me. I have repeatedly cleared cache and restarted my phone but I am still blocked from websites.

I've phoned 789 five times over the last five days. It is very frustrating being given so many different reasons why this has happened and that no-one seems able to resolve this or contacted me when they say they will.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parental Control

Hi Gw1,

Thanks for coming to us here in the Community, welcome.

I'm sorry to read about all of this and from what I can see here, there's been a few times where we may have been able to shorted the wait here. 

As a Virgin Mobile customer myself I've always been able to log in, click on 'Plan & device' and then 'Manage Services'. Once in you can simply switch 'On', or 'Off'.

Click here to give this a go and please can you let me know what you find.

Many thanks and keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gw1
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That is the first thing I did before calling 789. Parental controls was set to off on my account and it still is but I am still blocked from sites, which is why I have rang so many times. One member of staff was toggling this setting on and off on my account. They were unable to resolve this which is why they said it was being refereed to a technician. I have still not been contacted by anyone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi gw1,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm disappointed to hear the issue is still ongoing.

By the sounds of things the team have raised a fault ticket for this problem. They can take a few days while they investigate the issue.

Are you still unable to access blocked content?

Has someone been in contact with you yet?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
gw1
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No-one contacted me, so I phoned again to ask why and was told it was because the setting was already off! However this now appears to have been resolved. I was told this is a common problem at the moment and it is a bug in the system. At least that is some form of explanation after so much hassle.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi gw1,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

I suspect when they were toggling the setting it needed 24-48 hours to be updated. But I'm really pleased to hear that's now all been sorted for you.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same issue, tried all sorts to get it to work on DATA but VM block it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi jhuk,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having the same problem with parental control not turning off.

Have you tried turning it off via your online account?
Has this worked?

If you continue to have problems then contact the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. They'll be able to help you just like they did for gw1.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That is the only wait I know of to change setting, i.e. logging on to my VM Mobile account unless there is something I am missing.

I did that both my PC and phone, but on Phone I cannot see adult content via DATA only WIFI.

I am not really bothered but the night I had no broadband due to fault (almost 24 hours to fix) it would have been handy lol.

It is more the principle TBH as I can live without it on my phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi jhuk,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes there's only two ways of getting this turned off, the online account and by calling the team.

You have the information should you need to change it in future.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos